Programming a radio hour need help choosing a song

Started by blueskyink, Aug 28, 2008, 01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskyink

Well I am helping program an hour long show on some radio station in Massachusetts. I have included a few tunes from some modern acts (like Wilco and Ryan Adams) and I would to include MMJ but I am having a hard time picking a song.  It needs to be around 5 mins or less, its ok to go to 6 but no more than that.  I am not sure if I should pick a new song off EU or if I should go for a classic off AD or ISM or even Z.  Any input or thoughts would be great.

So far I have considered:
I'm Amazed
Smokin From Shootin
Bermuda Highway
The Way That He Sings
Golden
One Big Holiday!!!
It Beats 4 You
Off The Record

What song would you like to hear?

BH

I would say Golden, Gideon or Smokin' From Shootin'.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Love Dogg

Quote It needs to be around 5 mins or less, its ok to go to 6 but no more than that.  I am not sure if I should pick a new song off EU or if I should go for a classic off AD or ISM or even Z.  Any input or thoughts would be great.

I'm going to suggest Wordless Chorus.  1) it clocks in at 4:13  2)  It really sums up Jim's vocal ability, songwriting genius, and the bands ability to make some great music with different sounds.  A larger audience perhaps can be met with a Wordless Chorus.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

VB #13

BH

Why not just take up the whole hour with Cobra, Live Steam Engine and Live Dondante?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

blueskyink

I would love to put at least live cobra, but I have to stick to the station guidelines.  A friend of mine worked for them for 10 years or so and he is doing a special hour for them and asked me to help fill in some songs.  I gave him a copy of MMJ a few weeks back and he thought they would fit perfect into the hour.  I'm just trying to find the right song to throw in there.

But I would shit myself if I heard cobra on the radio.

ycartrob

Wordless Chorus (a perfect, who-the-hell-was-that-and-how-can-I- hear-more song)

Mi Chaqueta

Phone Went West..........or Golden.  I would also play Smokin form Shootin off their new one.

DavidCrosby

....The Way That He Sings....to me that song is like the bands anthem....
listen to vinyl

easy way

Chalk up another tally mark for...'The Way That He Sings'

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

bully

play HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS!!!

make waves (radio waves?) by playing the mmj that has caused the biggest dividing line of love/hate.

you'll be assured 50% will love it!  :D
sincerely, my morning wood.

Sparkle

Crispy

I agree with The Way That He Sings, but use the version from Okonokos!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Grateful Chabo

war begun, lowdown, just one thing, touch me pt 1
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

DaFunkyPrecedent

I say Josta Dreams and Bitter Hands or Can You See The Hard Helmet On My Head?

God damn those shaky knees.