Tennesse Fire & At Dawn Vinyl

Started by jeffro79, Mar 17, 2007, 11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

QuoteI'm done with this variation hunting...

I think I am too... I love getting them all but feel i am somewhat getting taken by the indie labels because they know i'll buy them.

Exactly... I love "special" things like limited edition numbers and exotic colors, but these retailers are just milking it for everything its worth without any added effort or actually giving us anything different. They've flooded the market with "variations" described as "limited", "super limited", "very limited", etc... but what's so limited about something you've re-pressed four or five times?

I'm sure on occasion I'll pick up a really cool article, like the New Year's picture vinyl, but I'm pretty much done with the color variations.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

blueskyink

I got It Still Moves in the mail yesterday!!!!!

Totally pumped.  I recently moved into a new house with a friend of mine (he's renting his spare bed room to me) and I have had my stereo/speakers/turntable all sitting in the middle of his non-living living room.  Well last night I took all of my stuff down to his real living room and hooked it up, powered up my turntable and set that needle down on that wonderful piece of wax.

Its not 180 gram but its at least higher quality than your standard record.  The sound was good, no problems from what I could tell, it came with a cd version so that got thrown in my car for traveling Jacket needs.  I'm glad I finally got ISM on vinyl, I almost paid $75 for it 7 months ago so in the long wrong patience saved me some loot.

BH

QuoteI got It Still Moves in the mail yesterday!!!!!

Totally pumped.  I recently moved into a new house with a friend of mine (he's renting his spare bed room to me) and I have had my stereo/speakers/turntable all sitting in the middle of his non-living living room.  Well last night I took all of my stuff down to his real living room and hooked it up, powered up my turntable and set that needle down on that wonderful piece of wax.

Its not 180 gram but its at least higher quality than your standard record.  The sound was good, no problems from what I could tell, it came with a cd version so that got thrown in my car for traveling Jacket needs.  I'm glad I finally got ISM on vinyl, I almost paid $75 for it 7 months ago so in the long wrong patience saved me some loot.

Where did you get it.  I didn't even know it was repressed!  Kick ass.  My collection will now be complete.  (Well, just the main five albums anyway.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Kory

I forgot to confirm the delay on Amazon's preorder and it got canceled at the 10.98 price... now it's 18.99 or something.
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

Kris

just ordered acoustic citsuoca and chocolate & ice on vinyl.

excited!

getinthevan

Earlier I was thinking about how awesome it would be if I had Chocolate & Ice on vinyl.  Then I realized that I did!  

...I guess you had to be there...
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Kris

getinthevan

Your time will come soon enough.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

blueskyink

QuoteI forgot to confirm the delay on Amazon's preorder and it got canceled at the 10.98 price... now it's 18.99 or something.

I had originally ordered mine from Acousticsounds for 19.99 before Amazon even put that price up, it didn't seem right to me plus AS is much more reliable about shipping records so I stuck with them.  Well I am glad I did because I got it a little early.  I listened to it again last night and noticed a slight ticking before a song, not sure if my record had a little fuzz on it or if it was due to a slight warp, I was too lazy to get up and inspect and it went away during the song.

BH

I recieved my ISM vinyl last night.   It is sooo sweet looking.  The big pictures are gorgeous.  I now have all 5 studio albums, OTR single, Run Thru single, and Acoustic Citsuoca.  I think all I need is OKONOKOS, and then of course some of the rare singles if I ever find them.

A couple of questions since I'm new to this vinyl thing.

1)  It did not have lyrics in it.  Is this typical?   Did the original pressing have lyrics?  I love the lyrics of ISM more than any other album so I was a bit dissapointed.

2)  At least half of the vinyl I have gotten via the mail has had bent corners.  Is this common?  Also, the free CD that came with ISM actually caused some small light scratches (buff marks?) on the vinyl.   Will this cause problems when I play it?  (I still don't have a record player. ;D)

Thanks for the input.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

InTheZone

i have the ISM vinyl and i know exactly what you're talking about with the light scratches/buff marks.  i have an original pressing as well and it has the same issue.  no worries though, the marks haven't affected the sound quality in any perceptible way.  no lyrics came with the original either.

once you get your record player, i recommend cranking your stereo and playing rollin' back as your record player's virgin groove - it is fucking GORGEOUS on vinyl
god bless the usa

BH

Thanks man, that makes me feel better!

elzar

QuoteI recieved my ISM vinyl last night.   It is sooo sweet looking.  The big pictures are gorgeous.  I now have all 5 studio albums, OTR single, Run Thru single, and Acoustic Citsuoca.  I think all I need is OKONOKOS, and then of course some of the rare singles if I ever find them.

1)  It did not have lyrics in it.  Is this typical?   Did the original pressing have lyrics?  I love the lyrics of ISM more than any other album so I was a bit dissapointed.

2)  At least half of the vinyl I have gotten via the mail has had bent corners.  Is this common?  Also, the free CD that came with ISM actually caused some small light scratches (buff marks?) on the vinyl.   Will this cause problems when I play it?  (I still don't have a record player. ;D)

Thanks for the input.

some people just dont know how to ship records, the packages are obviously going to get thrown around by the carriers, so they should package them more carefully and in a tougher box; standard LP boxes are too small to compensate for corner slams, there needs to be at least a .25" buffer around the records.

MOST of the vinyl I buy through mail arrives smashed, bent, dinged, sometimes warped or damaged in some way. Records are extremely fragile, but most people seem to think shipping it like a CD is fine, well its not.
Tower sucks. Every purchase I made from them has arrived in crap quality soft boxes, subsequently my stuff arrives damaged

TheKnoxvilleBear

Is ISM in color vinyl now, or are they still the traditional black. I'd hope it would be black, theres something about the color lps that make me feel like im not getting the same sound as the traditional black.

bearass

BH

QuoteI recieved my ISM vinyl last night.   It is sooo sweet looking.  The big pictures are gorgeous.  I now have all 5 studio albums, OTR single, Run Thru single, and Acoustic Citsuoca.  I think all I need is OKONOKOS, and then of course some of the rare singles if I ever find them.

Thanks for the input.

some people just dont know how to ship records, the packages are obviously going to get thrown around by the carriers, so they should package them more carefully and in a tougher box; standard LP boxes are too small to compensate for corner slams, there needs to be at least a .25" buffer around the records.

MOST of the vinyl I buy through mail arrives smashed, bent, dinged, sometimes warped or damaged in some way. Records are extremely fragile, but most people seem to think shipping it like a CD is fine, well its not.
Tower sucks. Every purchase I made from them has arrived in crap quality soft boxes, subsequently my stuff arrives damaged

Yep, my ISM was from Tower.