my vision for my morning jacket

Started by stu42, Sep 20, 2008, 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stu42

I wanted to send this as an e-mail to the band or one of the members, but I couldn't find any contact information, so I'm posting it here instead, hope it gets to the right places somehow  :)

Dear My Morning Jacket,
 I have a vision for your next album.  On one side you'll embrace the sonic explorations of Z and parts of Evil Urges, sending them to new heights I can't even begin to imagine.  On the other side, you'll embrace the warm, dreamy sound found in early albums, especially in the blues of songs like Run Thru and Dondante.  The two sides will sprint away from each other with astounding force, until the center can no longer hold and explodes in an astonishing eruption of fiery southern rock unheard of on this planet before.  Then, in the silence of the aftermath, our collectively blown minds will be picked up and put back together again in the gathering dusk as the ending of the album brings us back to life, filled with such energy, honesty, and inspiration, that our lives will never be the same again for hearing such a combination of imagination, craft, and, most of all, passion.  That is what I see for the next My Morning Jacket album, my personal vision.

- Stu

Chico

Always nice to hear someone discuss "sides" of "albums"

ycartrob

QuoteI wanted to send this as an e-mail to the band or one of the members, but I couldn't find any contact information, so I'm posting it here instead, hope it gets to the right places somehow  :)

Dear My Morning Jacket,
 I have a vision for your next album.  On one side you'll embrace the sonic explorations of Z and parts of Evil Urges, sending them to new heights I can't even begin to imagine.  On the other side, you'll embrace the warm, dreamy sound found in early albums, especially in the blues of songs like Run Thru and Dondante.  The two sides will sprint away from each other with astounding force, until the center can no longer hold and explodes in an astonishing eruption of fiery southern rock unheard of on this planet before.  Then, in the silence of the aftermath, our collectively blown minds will be picked up and put back together again in the gathering dusk as the ending of the album brings us back to life, filled with such energy, honesty, and inspiration, that our lives will never be the same again for hearing such a combination of imagination, craft, and, most of all, passion.  That is what I see for the next My Morning Jacket album, my personal vision.

- Stu

I like the idea of a double studio album

How about a merger of the 2 sides with a hidden track buried after 12 minutes of silence after side 2 ends?

Erik26

Why 12 minutes of silence? I can't stand that bs after "the last song" then there is another. Just put it on the album. That's my opinion and I have made several albums so I would lioke to think my opinion is valid.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

stu42

Wasn't really thinking double album, but however you see it is just as good.  I think around 30 seconds of silence, or like the the collage of noises and beats at the end of smoking from shooting leading into one last all out rocker would be awesome...

ycartrob

QuoteWhy 12 minutes of silence? I can't stand that bs after "the last song" then there is another. Just put it on the album. That's my opinion and I have made several albums so I would lioke to think my opinion is valid.

yeah, it was sarcasm....

I should have used my green sarcasm feature

getinthevan

Pull a Frank Zappa and have a song start at the end of one side and finish on the beginning of the other.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

TheBigChicken

when played backwards it would play the theme to The LoveBoat. :D ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

megalicious

Quotewhen played backwards it would play the theme to The LoveBoat. :D ;D

uh oh. i sense another picture vinyl...

time to set sail.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard