Does Z still have overly-restrictive DRM?

Started by ImOscar, Sep 28, 2008, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im Oscar

I've heard that the CD has (or had) Sony MediaMax DRM.  I saw an article that said it was so bad MMJ management was burning and sending fans CDs.  If I were to buy the CD now from a place like Amazon - would I still get a "bad" copy?

getinthevan

You know, thats a good question.  I like to think that the problem was resolved and taken care of, but I can't say for sure.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

BH

I can't say for sure that a few copies are not still floating around out there, but I'm pretty sure after the lawsuit, no more were produced and the big chains I'm sure swaped them out.  I'd go somewhere and buy a "hard copy" if you can just to be safe.  You'll know if it has the emblem on the back.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bearass

support the band make your friends support the band

ultravisitor

My copy doesn't have the DRM on it.  You're probably fine.

dragonboy

Like other people have said, all copies should have been recalled a long time ago.
If you buy from a big company with a high turnover (amazon for example) I'm sure you'll be fine.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

stu42

I bought Z a couple months ago from best buy, and it worked fine