Song vs. Song Tournament

Started by maxc, Oct 09, 2008, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmascriminal

I was wondering if you guys would be into a MMJ song tournament. If so, every day I will post four new matchups as selected by a random number generator. We will all vote for our favorites. The vote will be up from 6 PM on the first day until 6 PM on the second. At that time, four new matchups will begin. As we clear the preliminary stages, songs that won will battle others that won until we crown a champion, basically a march madness setup. I think that it would be best to only faceoff songs from the five main albums so that less experienced/obsessive fans can play too. If you like the idea, we'll begin Monday. If you have suggestions/do not want to do this at all, please post here. Thanks.

BadfooT

Sure.  Anyone taking bets?

easy way

If it's just from the 5 LP's, how is Cobra gonna stomp that ass into the final four?
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

xmascriminal

We can include EPs if you guys want. I'd like to see where Cobra ends up too. I just thought it'd be better for the casual fans if we didn't. But if you guys would prefer it, I'm up for adding them in.

aMillionDreams

Sounds like fun.  I think we should include at least the highlights from the EPs.  It's Been a Great 3 or 4 years is my dark horse.  ;)

I'd feel better if you had more than nine posts, but I'll vote for as long as you keep it up.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

getinthevan

I'd feel better if you had more than nine posts, but I'll vote for as long as you keep it up.

But at least xmascriminal isn't bitching about something or trying to buy/sell tickets.  We all had 9 posts at one time or another.

I'm in.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

jrod00

sounds like a ripping good time!

BH

You need 64 songs right?  Or are you going to have a "play in" game? ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

QuoteYou need 64 songs right?  Or are you going to have a "play in" game? ;)

I think that would be the most interesting game there; choose the "worst" 2 MMJ songs.

1derfulman

I'm betting everything I have on "Into the Woods" not making it out of the first round.  A lock if there ever was one...

BH

QuoteI'm betting everything I have on "Into the Woods" not making it out of the first round.  A lock if there ever was one...

How much do you have?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

xmascriminal

Okay, I've added in the three songs from the Split single and those from Chocolate and Ice. So that's what it'll be: the five LPs and the two EPs. We'll begin monday at 6 PM.

1derfulman

QuoteI'm betting everything I have on "Into the Woods" not making it out of the first round.  A lock if there ever was one...

How much do you have?

About $16

easy way

What are we calling this thing?

...the obvious one..."My Morning Madness"

...a little more obscure..."The Jacket Bracket" or "Jacket Bracket Attack"

What's up?
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

xmascriminal

I like Jacket Bracket Attack. Anybody else?

purvis9876

QuoteI like Jacket Bracket Attack. Anybody else?

Agreed!  
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

xmascriminal

Okay, here's the latest. Including the EPs, it comes out a little weird. Basically, one song would skip a round because it would have no competition. It really doesn't alter it too much but if that's going to be a problem, we could eliminate the EPs from contention. Whatever you guys prefer. It would be simpler with 64 songs instead of the 72 I have. If you guys want, there's room for one song in that 64 that's not on the albums (I was just going to include Chills since it was the extra track on iTunes), so we could vote on which EP song should be in the competition or we could just put in Cobra, since that would obviously win.

bearass

dondante first round bye!!!!

lime1968

Since the LPs total 64 songs sans the instrumentals on TTF and At Dawn that would be perfect for a 64 team bracket

Afterwards we could do a NIT-esque tourney including lesser knowns: Choco & Ice (minus 3 or 4 Years), Xmas Fiasco Style (6 songer), Early Recordings Vols. 1 & 2,  Off The Record Single (UK version minus the Off The Records), Run Thru (minus Run Thru), Split EP (minus Year in Review and Translation) At Dawn/TTF Demos Package (minus L.O.Z. Intro and Magic Man)
Well that might sound really convoluted and confusing, but it totals 64 songs by my count. Also doesn't include Okonokos but does the demos package, so could be tweaked if necessary. Anways, just a thought.
ups and downs, bigotry and open minds, there'll be days of peace, you'll always have the time

aMillionDreams

QuoteSince the LPs total 64 songs sans the instrumentals on TTF and At Dawn that would be perfect for a 64 team bracket

Afterwards we could do a NIT-esque tourney including lesser knowns: Choco & Ice (minus 3 or 4 Years), Xmas Fiasco Style (6 songer), Early Recordings Vols. 1 & 2,  Off The Record Single (UK version minus the Off The Records), Run Thru (minus Run Thru), Split EP (minus Year in Review and Translation) At Dawn/TTF Demos Package (minus L.O.Z. Intro and Magic Man)
Well that might sound really convoluted and confusing, but it totals 64 songs by my count. Also doesn't include Okonokos but does the demos package, so could be tweaked if necessary. Anways, just a thought.

Agreed!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]