Song vs. Song Tournament

Started by maxc, Oct 09, 2008, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demon Eyes

Let's get this thing started. Should be interesting.

xmascriminal

It begins at 8 PM. Rules will be posted then, along with the first matches.

purvis9876

If Where to Begin gets left out of this, I'm going to be very upset.  :'(
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

Love Dogg

QuoteIt begins at 8 PM. Rules will be posted then, along with the first matches.

So if I don't have internet at home, and I'm at home at 8 pm, I won't get to play?  Or can I catch up to this during my work day?  SOrry if I'm missing something.  :-/
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

xmascriminal

You can catch up. Matches will be open for 24 hours. They will begin, every day including weekends, at 8 PM and end at 8 PM the following day when the next match begins. And Where to Begin is in.

ycartrob

QuoteYou can catch up. Matches will be open for 24 hours. They will begin, every day including weekends, at 8 PM and end at 8 PM the following day when the next match begins. And Where to Begin is in.

Hey, thanks again for setting this up  :)

xmascriminal

No problem. In an hour and forty minutes, Jacket Bracket Attack will commence.

easy way

Hey xmascriminal...thanks for this. This tourney is already HOT!!!  :)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

getinthevan

Out of curiosity, how are you determining each song match up?  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

easy way

QuoteOut of curiosity, how are you determining each song match up?  

the original post suggests a random number generator....I envision one of those lottery ball machines...I want one!

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

xmascriminal

Yep, I just put all their songs into a numbered list and used a sequence generator.

BH

At what point do the power houses of Steam Engine and Dondante meet?  That could be an epic battle of huge proportions.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

easy way

QuoteAt what point do the power houses of Steam Engine and Dondante meet?  That could be an epic battle of huge proportions.

The suspense is keeeeling me!!!  :D

bearass

QuoteAt what point do the power houses of Steam Engine and Dondante meet?  That could be an epic battle of huge proportions.

purvis9876

I could see SE winning it all, IMO. That or Highly Suspicious! :D
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

xmascriminal

They are not battling each other. It's all completely random. That being said, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Dondante match turns out.

BH

They are not battling each other. It's all completely random. That being said, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Dondante match turns out.

They will be eventually. :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

easy way

They will be eventually. :)

Damn right...''we're gonna turn this mutha out!''  8-)

Love Dogg

I think the important thing to remember is we are voting on the studio versions of these songs, not how much we like it live.  Example: the studio Run Thru is not as good as it has become live.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

aMillionDreams

QuoteI think the important thing to remember is we are voting on the studio versions of these songs, not how much we like it live.  Example: the studio Run Thru is not as good as it has become live.

Really?  I was thinking of it as a song, taking into account the studio version, live versions, and the kitchen sink.  Or maybe not focusing on a performance of the song but on the composition.  That may be tough to separate especially for those without knowledge of songwriting.  I guess I could do it your way.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]