Jacket Bracket Attack Pt. 1: It's Over

Started by maxc, Oct 13, 2008, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmascriminal

Welcome to the first ever (to my knowledge) My Morning Jacket song vs. song tournament. My thanks to Easy Way for the name. This Jacket Bracket Attack, the first of two, will contain only songs on MMJ's five studio albums, with the exception of Where to Begin. JBA Pt. 2 will contain only b-sides, songs from the early recordings CDs and rarities. In the end, the winners of these two tournaments will fight. The matchups were chosen by a random number generator.

In this, the final round of six, one match will be put up for voting every day at 8 PM (Eastern time). It will stay active for 24 hours. At 8 PM the following day, the results will be announced within the body of the thread, and a new match will begin. The current songs being voted on will be visible in both the body of the thread and in this post. There will be four matchups of two songs in this round. Vote below. Have fun.  :D

The winner is [size=24]Steam Engine[/size]

xmascriminal

My votes:
Off the Record
X-mas Curtain
If All Else Fails
One in the Same

aMillionDreams

Thanks for setting this up!

Just One Thing
The Dark
If All Else Fails
Hopefully
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Salacious D

Just One Thing
The Dark
If All Else Fails
Hopefully

Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

dragonboy

Thanks a lot for this! & boy-oooh-boy, what a difficult first round! 1 & 4 are near impossible but this is how it went in the end...

Off The Record
The Dark
If All Else Fails
Hopefully
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TGMC421

Already difficult!

Just One Thing
X-mas Curtain
If All Else Fails
Hopefully

axround3r

Off the record
Xmas curtain
if all else fails
hopefully

wigglydays

Hi everyone! Been a browser for awhile and decided I had to register to be a part of the Jacket Bracket Attack...

Just One Thing
X-mas Curtain
If All Else Fails
Hopefully

likehardcoreee

Hey! I too have been lurking for sometime but have decided to join so I can participate. So here it goes!

Off the Record
X-mas Curtain
If All Else Fails
Hopefully

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

1derfulman

Just one thing
X-mas
Knot
Hopefully

Woo Hoo!

Why doesn't the Knot get any love?  Love that song...  Discuss in another thread...I know...

Salacious D

QuoteHi everyone! Been a browser for awhile and decided I had to register to be a part of the Jacket Bracket Attack...
Sorry--totally off-topic, but if your name comes from where I think it does, you are awesome.
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

wigglydays

QuoteHi everyone! Been a browser for awhile and decided I had to register to be a part of the Jacket Bracket Attack...
Sorry--totally off-topic, but if your name comes from where I think it does, you are awesome.
If you are thinking "Cleo" by Built to Spill... then yes my friend you are correct.

wolof

just one thing
x-mas curtain
knot comes loose
one in the same

Salacious D

If you are thinking "Cleo" by Built to Spill... then yes my friend you are correct.
We're going to be best friends.

tenn

Just One Thing
The Dark
If All Else Fails
Hopefully

megalicious

just one thing
xmas curtain
if all else fails
one in the same
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

the_wizzard