Smokin From Shootin.. a timeless classic?

Started by PhriendlyMMJPhan, Nov 17, 2008, 01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

hmm I think so.  it sounds like its from the past and the future.  what do you think?  this song is the bombtricksickbutt

xmascriminal

I'm pretty sure it's my favorite song on the album. The first couple times I listened to the CD, I skipped it because I was impatient to hear Scream Pt. 2 (my old favorite). But once I'd gone through the record a couple times and had become familiar enough with it, I began to pay a lot more attention. SFS was one of the songs I started to like that time around, along with Evil Urges, Highly Suspicious, Look At You and I'm Amazed, none of which I had really liked at first. Smokin' eventually emerged as the song I listened to the most.

Penny Lane

it has the best melody on the album ;-) Touch me pt 2 close second
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

easy way

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

helpslip

Yah, it was the first song on the album that I fell in love with.

buster douglas

I wish the production on this one was a little more rugged, a la at dawn style, but still a great song

Ruckus

Ehhh, very strong song and one of my favorites of EU.  That said, I do agree with the previous poster that it feels to overproduced for me.

Still good and do love the classic layering and buildup.  Was great the first time I heard it live. A timeless classic, however, I believe it is not.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

I liked it a lot from the get-go, but its definitely my favorite on the album on this point

a few songs are close, but I think it is undoubtedly the most lyrical song on the album, and the music and progression of the song is just whipped cream on the apple pie
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Grateful Chabo

this was the definitely the standout track for me when i first heard the album....does have a blend of the old school mmj with the new.  badass acoustic too
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

Jbones72

It also was my fav when I first heard the album. It was really great live at Radio City!!  8-)