Chapter 3: Devil Rise: Early Recordings

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Nov 21, 2008, 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

So I finally got around to putting the finishing touches on my CD entitled Chapter 3: Devil Rise: Early Recordings  It's a companion piece to Chapters 1 & 2.   I gathered up all of the studio recordings that don't appear on any album, EP or Chapter 1 & 2.   (Let me know if I missed any!) I had to leave several tracks off because there wasn't enough room but I think I made the right decisions.   They might make it on Chapter 4 someday!    Just thought I would share what I came up with.  I don't really want to post the audio because lots of the songs are still available if you look in the right places but if anyone wants to hit me up for some of the stuff that is impossible to find, that's cool.   Also, if you want to make one of these yourself, let me know, I have some cool artwork I can send you.    

Finally, in reference to artwork, I wanted to use something from Mike Fulkerson, who I believe did the Chptr 1 & 2 artwork as well as the "Z-Shining" artwork but I can't find anything at all about him on the interweb.  If someone can help me with this I would appreciate it!   Could he actually be an artist and not have a website?!?!?!?  ;)

Chapter 3: Devil Rise: Early Recordings
1 Chills (Version #2)-Off The Record Single
2 Where To Begin-Elizabethtown Soundtrack
3 Sweetheart (Version #1)-Louisville Is For Lovers 2002
4 Goin' To Acapulco (Dylan)-I'm Not There Soundtrack (w/ Calexico)
5 It Makes No Difference (The Band)-Endless Highway: The Music Of The Band      
6 R.I.P.V.G.-Heartbreakin' Man EP
7 Mother-Little Darla Has A Treat For You V. 14      
8 Wear Your Love Like Heaven (Donovan)-A Gift From A Garden To A Flower: A Tribute To Dononan)
9 Breathin'      Run Thru Single
10 Sooner (Live)-MOJO Magazine        
11 Blue Moon (Frankie Trumbauer & Band)-Louisville Is For Lovers
12 Epichord-Louisville Is For Lovers 2006      
13 How Could I Know-Off The Record Single      
14 Same In Any Language (Cameron Crowe/Nancy Wilson)-Elizabethtown Soundtrack Volume 2      
15 Honest Man (Demo)-At Dawn Demo      
16 Girl From The North Country (Dylan)-Mojo Magazine #142 with Conor and M. Ward      
17 A Quick One (While He's Away) (The Who)-Pearl Jam DVD Immagine In Cornice      
18 Look At You (Jim's Electronic Verstion)-SERVE3 Artists Against Hunger & Poverty      

This is what didn't make the cut for various reasons ->

Old Sept Blues (2 Meter Session)-2 Meter Session Volume 10      
Old Sept Blues (Acoustic Version)-Run Thru Single            
By My Car-Acoustic Citsuoca Vinyl            
I'll Be There When You Die (Live 4-30-05)-Elizabethtown: Songs from the Brown Hotel      
Chills (Version #2)-At Dawn Demo            
Lead Me Father (Cash)-At Dawn Demo            
Smokin' From Shootin' (Jim Solo Version)-Itunes Exclusive (Live at St. Davids Church 6-12-08)            
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

searchinbig

Nice. MMJ should archive these for an anthology collection. I'd buy it!!

:)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

xmascriminal

I would buy that in less than a second.

Edit: I REALLY want to hear that Honest Man demo. I was very disappointed when I learned they'd left it off the compilation. Does anybody know where I could listen to it?

Edit #2: Wait, do you have Epichord?

BH

The title, Devil Rise, is from a Kathleen Lolley painting by the way.  I'm not really all that evil.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

QuoteThe title, Devil Rise, is from a Kathleen Lolley painting by the way.  I'm not really all that evil.
Yeah right!   ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

QuoteThe title, Devil Rise, is from a Kathleen Lolley painting by the way.  I'm not really all that evil.
Yeah right!   ;)

I did tear off the wings of a fly when I was twelve just so I could watch him flop around a bit. :-/

TEO

Yeah right!   ;)

I did tear off the wings of a fly when I was twelve just so I could watch him flop around a bit. :-/
LOL!!!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

aMillionDreams

Great work as usual, BH. I already have all these tracks but I might have to put them together like this to recreate this comp.

Xmasurtain, I could probably post those two tracks.  The comp that contained epichord (louisville is for lovers, vol. 6) must have JUST become unavailable so it should be fine.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

xmascriminal

QuoteHonest Man (At Dawn Demo)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vsgdkc

Epichord (Louisville is for Lovers, vol. 6)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tw8cs4

Thanks. Why do you guys think they cut Honest Man off the demos disc? It sounds good to me.

easy way

I wish I lived in Lolleyland...I adore her.  ::)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Love Dogg

Yeah right!   ;)

I tore off one wing of a fly to see if it would fly around in circles.

Nice comp, by the way.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

notdarkyet

any chance that you could post "Blue Moon?" i think i've heard everything except that...

thanks!

-justin

e_wind

Is there anyway you can make throw this comp online. I made my own comps once and its just such a process to duplicate songs and everything else. It'd be much appreciated
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...