The Tennessee Fire is the best MMJ album

Started by ycartrob, Dec 17, 2006, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Quote from: Lucius on Oct 31, 2021, 07:19 AMThe TTF anniversary show taping from 2019 is definitely one of my favourite ever slices of the band but I still can't really get into the album itself. I love what many of the songs have become live, I'd love studio recordings or a proper live album consisting of those!

To me, their greatest strength is on stage. 
Agree.  I mean, the studio album is like a barebones demo of what TTF ultimately became live.  The Candles & Panties version of Nashville to Kentucky shows just how beautiful this would be if they made a studio album out of the new live versions of the album.  Holy grail for me.

Lucius

Nashville to Kentucky from the Capitol show is honestly one of my all time favourite Jacket recordings. I love the way the crowd goes from talking through the first part of the song to cheering throughout the rest. Must have been an absolutely magic atmosphere in the crowd that night. You guys are lucky to get shows like that. We're probably only ever going to get 'the hits' whenever they're in the UK :cry:
it wouldn't be a party without you

Nikkogino

Quote from: Lucius on Nov 01, 2021, 12:45 PMNashville to Kentucky from the Capitol show is honestly one of my all time favourite Jacket recordings. I love the way the crowd goes from talking through the first part of the song to cheering throughout the rest. Must have been an absolutely magic atmosphere in the crowd that night. You guys are lucky to get shows like that. We're probably only ever going to get 'the hits' whenever they're in the UK :cry:
Get on a plane Lucius!

Lucius

Quote from: Nikkogino on Nov 01, 2021, 01:28 PM
Quote from: Lucius on Nov 01, 2021, 12:45 PMNashville to Kentucky from the Capitol show is honestly one of my all time favourite Jacket recordings. I love the way the crowd goes from talking through the first part of the song to cheering throughout the rest. Must have been an absolutely magic atmosphere in the crowd that night. You guys are lucky to get shows like that. We're probably only ever going to get 'the hits' whenever they're in the UK :cry:

If I swim across the North Atlantic then walk the rest of the way I could probably afford a couple of nights at Red Rocks :grin:
Get on a plane Lucius!
it wouldn't be a party without you