MMJ on "He's Just Not That Into You" soundtrack

Started by ALady, Jan 23, 2009, 03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Someone posted this over on the Wilco board.  Not a bad soundtrack for what looks like a pretty meh movie...

1. I'd Like To (Corinne Bailey Rae)
2. I'm Amazed (My Morning Jacket)
3. Don't You Want Me (Human League)
4. Supernatural Superserious (R.E.M.)
5. Madly (Tristan Prettyman)
6. This Must Be The Place (Talking Heads)
7. By Your Side (Black Crowes)
8. I Must Be High (Wilco)
9. You Make It Real (James Morrison)
10. If I Never See Your Face Again (Maroon 5)
11. Can't Hardly Wait (The Replacements)
12. Fruit Machine (Ting Tings)
13. Smile (Lilly Allen)
14. Somewhere Only We Know (Keane)
15. Love, Save The Empty (Erin McCarley)
16. Friday I'm In Love (Cure)
17. Last Goodbye (Scarlett Johansson)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

the sun and moon

ehh! Scarlett needs to take her boobs and music and go away.

BH

Quoteehh! Scarlett needs to take her boobs and music and go away.

away to my house
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Dillsnufus

away to my house

nice. *slap hands*(lol)
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

capt. scotty

away to my house

;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ALady

Do you think she's singing "Last Goodbye", like, the Jeff Buckley song?

Ambitious, that one.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Murph

I was watching a movie called Winter Passing with Ed Harris, Will Ferrel and our friend Zooey Deschanel (from She and Him with M. Ward) and out of nowhere Old September Blues was playing for a good minute in the backround during one scene.  The movie was still pretty awful though.

capt. scotty

QuoteDo you think she's singing "Last Goodbye", like, the Jeff Buckley song?

Ambitious, that one.

Probably

...at least shes not doing Hallelujah
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

the sun and moon

You know, I would love to one day be in the position where pennylane would one day call me a tranny. *sigh* A girl can dream.

ritchiem4812

QuoteI was watching a movie called Winter Passing with Ed Harris, Will Ferrel and our friend Zooey Deschanel (from She and Him with M. Ward) and out of nowhere Old September Blues was playing for a good minute in the backround during one scene.  The movie was still pretty awful though.

Yeah it wasn't very good at all.

Dillsnufus

QuoteDo you think she's singing "Last Goodbye", like, the Jeff Buckley song?

Ambitious, that one.

Probably

...at least shes not doing Hallelujah

"The record features 17 songs from the film, including Scarlett Johanssons haunting cover of Jeff Buckleys Last Goodbye. Although this gem didnt make the final film cut, it now finds glorious audio and visual life exclusively on the soundtrack. The track list includes songs from My Morning Jacket, The Replacements, Maroon 5, The Ting Tings, Corinne Bailey Rae, R.E.M and Keane among others."
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Bigsky

QuoteTranny

If she's a tranny then I must be gay ;D

ALady

Bigsky

QuoteDecide for yourselves:

http://stereogum.com/archives/scarlett-johansson-covers-jeff-buckley_048421.html#more

I didn't think she was that bad...she has a pretty voice. I think people just like to make fun of her. :-?

bluesky

why cover Jeff Buckley? The chick must have the biggest balls to cover Tom Waits and now Jeff Buckley... she better not ever think of covering MMJ...

ALady

I didn't think it was horrible, but it did sound a bit like a low-rent Fiona Apple.

I prefer the original version, obvz.

capt. scotty

You cant cover Buckley and out-do the man.

That said, if she sang it to me naked while giving me a lapdance, she wouldve done the impossible and made a Buckley song better.

Im surprised they didnt put into the movie though  :-?

red

Quotewhy cover Jeff Buckley? The chick must have the biggest balls to cover Tom Waits and now Jeff Buckley... she better not ever think of covering MMJ...
she's talking about leonard cohen if she does another covers album.  if she acts upon that, we're through.

capt. scotty

Quotewhy cover Jeff Buckley? The chick must have the biggest balls to cover Tom Waits and now Jeff Buckley... she better not ever think of covering MMJ...
she's talking about leonard cohen if she does another covers album.  if she acts upon that, we're through.

apparently she has good taste at least though