Okonokos is sooo awesome

Started by Bumbeli, Jan 22, 2009, 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

QuoteI would love a DVD of othe NYE MSG show, the bootleg sounds great and I can only imagine the band's energy that evening. But I don't want it to be announced before, so I don't have to wait for it, but wake up one day, realizing that a new MMJ Dvd has been released and enjoy it.
With the recent increase of fame it could happen soon I think

I dont' think it'd be impossible to break ground as the band that releases concert footage for download instead of having to go through the effort of packaging and producing whole DVDs.
I'm surrounded by assholes

goose

I still have the ACL show on the DVR and it is pretty badass!  I am totally surprised at how great it is.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

JohnQDriveway

I only owned It Still Moves and Z when I first watched this, but I had to get At Dawn immediately because of XMas Curtain.  I've probably watched this DVD more than any other live DVD that I own.  I dig the drum solo in "Steam Engine".  Killer.

Im The Dude

QuoteI only owned It Still Moves and Z when I first watched this, but I had to get At Dawn immediately because of XMas Curtain.  I've probably watched this DVD more than any other live DVD that I own.  I dig the drum solo in "Steam Engine".  Killer.

Yea I agree Steam Engine is a killer track on that DVD/CD.  MY favorite is "Run Thru" listen to that on vinyl and it's a whole different experience.

Oh shit ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

JohnQDriveway

Steam Engine was great at the Louisville show too. Didn't get the drum solo, but they made it rock a little more, although maybe that's because we were up front and the bass was like a full-on assault.

stew105

I gotta say that "Lowdown" might be my favorite on Okonokos.  It was such a nice departure from the original version.  It's MMJ at their tightest . . . .

Im The Dude

QuoteSteam Engine was great at the Louisville show too. Didn't get the drum solo, but they made it rock a little more, although maybe that's because we were up front and the bass was like a full-on assault.

I was up front for a show of theirs 2003 and it was super loud.  Its always fun to see an MMJ show up front.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

JLuke

Finally bought this masterpiece the other day after having the CD for awhile.  I'm hoping it will hold me over until I get to go to another show.

One thing I thought was funny was the look on the llama guy's face when he walked into the concert. He had that "whooaa i'm not sure whats going on but its awesome" look. Exactly how I felt at my first show haha.

el_chode

QuoteI gotta say that "Lowdown" might be my favorite on Okonokos.  It was such a nice departure from the original version.  It's MMJ at their tightest . . . .

I remember when I first heard that. I had pre-ordered the album and was working my first post-grad job in a call center recruiting real estate agents (the amount of bitches and blow that came with the prestige of that job was beyond my wildest dreams. Truly, it is the rockstar of post-grad jobs) and I took an extended lunch break to drive home knowing the package had came in that day, open it, and drive back listening to it.

I took a detour through the backroads of Northern NJ and I came around this one turn and almost drove off a cliff because my jaw had dropped during that sudden, unexpected explosion that kicks you in the balls at the beginning of the song.

A kick to the balls never felt so good.
I'm surrounded by assholes

folieadeux322

The Okonokos Project is one of the best things I have ever heard.

01. Intro (The Party) (4:51)
02. Wordless Chorus (4:08)
03. It Beats 4 U (4:24)
04. One Big Holiday (5:54)
05. The Way That He Sings (5:06)
06. I Will Sing You Songs (8:37)
07. Lowdown (4:10)
08. How Do You Know (3:36)
09. Golden (4:49)
10. Sooner (5:05)
11. Xmas Curtain (5:01)
12. What A Wonderful Man (2:57)
13. Gideon (3:45)
14. Bermuda Highway (3:39)
15. Where To Begin (4:00)
16. Lay Low (6:17)
17. Dancefloors (5:15)
18. Off The Record (6:52)
19. O Is The One That Is Real (3:34)
20. Dondante (11:03)
21. Steam Engine (11:14)
22. Run Thru (10:04)
23. I Think I'm Going To Hell (5:14)
24. At Dawn (3:09)
25. Strangulation (6:12)
26. Anytime (3:56)
27. Mahgeetah (6:40)
28. Outro (The Attack) (0:50)
29. End Credits (Cobra Edit) (3:18)

The version of Sooner is great. I can't believe it didn't make the cut for the actual album.
Take off those glasses and let down your hair for me...