Let's count Patrick In...

Started by el_chode, Feb 23, 2009, 02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

...you know, like we did on NYE...

What are your favorite moments in the limelight for rock's greatest drummer? Is there a particular performance of Steam Engine that stands out? Also, is there an official name for the clock-arm thing he does during Run Thru?

Also, let's make a secondary goal of this thread to get Patrick to post in here and tell us all a joke.

I'm surrounded by assholes

user_FKA_webmoster

goose

His solo on Steam Engine, Return to Thunderdome was epic.  I loved every minute of it.  Seemed like he went on forever.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

AMightyCaporal

it could have been that i was ridiculously high but during new years I thought the band were video game characters.  I forget what song it was- maybe Run Thru or Lay Low- but each guy had a different color light on them and patrick was under white light drumming up a storm.  He was like the boss and all the other guys were facing him battling him.  It was pretty awesome in my mind

Any time patrick starts banging on them drums my heart seems to beat the same way
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Big Nasty

Quoteit could have been that i was ridiculously high but during new years I thought the band were video game characters.  I forget what song it was- maybe Run Thru or Lay Low- but each guy had a different color light on them and patrick was under white light drumming up a storm.  He was like the boss and all the other guys were facing him battling him.  It was pretty awesome in my mind

I love that description, juxtaposing my memories of the bosses from Mega Man and my love for MMJ...

pawpaw

QuoteHe was like the boss and all the other guys were facing him battling him.  It was pretty awesome in my mind

;D ;D That's awesome dude. I miss weed... ;D ;D
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

weeniebeenie

Any time patrick starts banging on them drums my heart seems to beat the same way
That's a nice way to put it. :)
How loud can silence get?

Murph

i agree.  well said

AMightyCaporal

thank you very much- glad that some of you understood what i was talking about
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

el_chode

Is it me, or does Patrick look monstrous in this photo. It almost looks photoshopped, like Carl is a midget, Tommy is just heigh challenged, and Patrick is about to rampage through Tokyo

I'm surrounded by assholes

lasvegas

QuoteIs there a particular performance of Steam Engine that stands out?

bonnaroo 2004, set closing 15 minute version. BEST VERSION EVER

QuoteAlso, is there an official name for the clock-arm thing he does during Run Thru?

signalman? as in the the guys at airports guiding planes.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

goose

Mighty, you talk about when he bangs on the drums that your heart beats the same way.  When you are close at the outdoor shows, The bass beat is so overpowering that you can feel the beat take the breth out of you.  It's like he knocks the wind out of you every second.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

AMightyCaporal

QuoteMighty, you talk about when he bangs on the drums that your heart beats the same way.  When you are close at the outdoor shows, The bass beat is so overpowering that you can feel the beat take the breth out of you.  It's like he knocks the wind out of you every second.

That is awesome you felt that- I have only been to one outdoor show and that same one I was close and I definitely remember thinking that i was getting bombarded by the bass drum

AlwxanderD10

Is that really safe?

AMightyCaporal

Is that really safe?

of course.  MMJ would never do anything to hurt us!

kymomandstuff

Patrick is a madman..............
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.