Look At You - Obama

Started by DaFunkyPrecedent, Feb 02, 2009, 05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

QuoteCan't I go one day without hearing about this guy?? It's one thing to watch a news channel and see our new American Idol but, come on guys.. Jim wrote that song before summer.. It could be about Hillary for all we know... I just really don't like seeing politics mixed in with my favorite band.. I know I listen to that song a lot less becase of this forum.. Just let us have our own opinions...

You'd rather not know what the leader of our country is doing during one of the most important times in our country's history?  Wow, you must be a Bush supporter!  

Not a Bush supporter.. But not an Obama supporter in the least bit... I'm just so tired of turning anything on computer/tv/radio/ears and knowing exactly what he is doing.. Pretty soon we'll know when this guy shits during his day...

xmascriminal

QuoteCan't I go one day without hearing about this guy?? It's one thing to watch a news channel and see our new American Idol but, come on guys.. Jim wrote that song before summer.. It could be about Hillary for all we know... I just really don't like seeing politics mixed in with my favorite band.. I know I listen to that song a lot less becase of this forum.. Just let us have our own opinions...

You'd rather not know what the leader of our country is doing during one of the most important times in our country's history?  Wow, you must be a Bush supporter!  

Not a Bush supporter.. But not an Obama supporter in the least bit... I'm just so tired of turning anything on computer/tv/radio/ears and knowing exactly what he is doing.. Pretty soon we'll know when this guy shits during his day...

If you don't want to hear about Obama, which does seem kind of odd since the fate of your country is in his hands,  just don't watch or listen to the news. Acutally, the best thing to do would be to just go to sleep for the next eight years. Just buy a big box of tranquilizers and hibernate.

aMillionDreams

HE'S THE PRESIDENT OF OUR COUNTRY!!! And if you haven't noticed, our country isn't doing so well right now.  I think it's important to know what he is doing.  If you don't think it's important, for whatever reason, then don't pay attention to it and stop whining to those who are actually concerned about our country and interested in its leader.

Sorry to go so off course but Dudley and Nikko are just being ridiculous.  We're not allowed to talk about the President now?  Yeah right, get over it and if you feel like sulking find a corner not a music forum.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Dudley

If you don't want to hear about Obama, which does seem kind of odd since the fate of your country is in his hands,  just don't watch or listen to the news. Acutally, the best thing to do would be to just go to sleep for the next eight years. Just buy a big box of tranquilizers and hibernate.

That's funny you say it like that... I fear the fact that our country is in his hands for the next 4 years.. So much in fact that the week after the election all i could do was drink in a frantic state of confusion and awe.. I passed out drunk for like a week and a half after that day.. but i'm better now.. lol..

aMillionDreams

That's funny you say it like that... I fear the fact that our country is in his hands for the next 4 years.. So much in fact that the week after the election all i could do was drink in a frantic state of confusion and awe.. I passed out drunk for like a week and a half after that day.. but i'm better now.. lol..

But as you say, "he hasn't done anything yet", what could possibly make you so fearful of our new leader if we have nothing to judge him by yet?  What's that word for judging someone before you know about them?  Oh, yeah, prejudice.  Do you have some sort of prejudice against Obama?

Dudley

HE'S THE PRESIDENT OF OUR COUNTRY!!! And if you haven't noticed, our country isn't doing so well right now.  I think it's important to know what he is doing.  If you don't think it's important, for whatever reason, then don't pay attention to it and stop whining to those who are actually concerned about our country and interested in its leader.

Sorry to go so off course but Dudley and Nikko are just being ridiculous.  We're not allowed to talk about the President now?  Yeah right, get over it and if you feel like sulking find a corner not a music forum.

I'm being ridiculous for having an opinion different then yours?? Is that correct... Well I'm sorry for being ridiculous then... My bad..

aMillionDreams

I'm being ridiculous for having an opinion different then yours?? Is that correct... Well I'm sorry for being ridiculous then... My bad..

No, you're being ridiculous because you claim we shouldn't talk about the leader of our country during one of the most important times in our country's history.  I thought I made that clear, my bad...

Dudley

But as you say, "he hasn't done anything yet", what could possibly make you so fearful of our new leader if we have nothing to judge him by yet?  What's that word for judging someone before you know about them?  Oh, yeah, prejudice.  Do you have some sort of prejudice against Obama?

If you read what i said.. I didn't say anything about what he hasn't done... He's only been in office what  a week.. I know i can't judge him by that... I fear what he talked about pre election and how he answered in the debates.. Plus being a REAL conservitive republican.. Unlike Bush.. I am skeptical of any Liberal Democrat that takes office...

Dudley

And I never told you to stop talking about him.. I know that won't work.. lol.. I just stated how I felt about the matter.. I don't like hearing about him...

aMillionDreams

QuoteAnd I never told you to stop talking about him.. I know that won't work.. lol.. I just stated how I felt about the matter.. I don't like hearing about him...

Then why did you open a thread called with the word Obama in the title?  There are better ways to avoid hearing about Obama.  You just wanted to hate on Obama and hijack this thread in the process. Take it somewhere else or shut up about it if you really don't want to talk about Obama.

ycartrob

What A Wonderful Man is about Obama, too...

sorry   :-/

aMillionDreams

QuoteWhat A Wonderful Man is about Obama, too...

Damn you, Tracy!!!  ;)

Dudley

QuoteAnd I never told you to stop talking about him.. I know that won't work.. lol.. I just stated how I felt about the matter.. I don't like hearing about him...

Then why did you open a thread called with the word Obama in the title?  There are better ways to avoid hearing about Obama.  You just wanted to hate on Obama and hijack this thread in the process. Take it somewhere else or shut up about it if you really don't want to talk about Obama.

Because this forum is turning a song from my favorite band into an anthem for a man i don't like.. Thought i'd get my opinion out there.. Sorry if i struck a nerve aMD.. Can't we just get along man.. We got different views on the guy.. They won't change because we argue..

Dudley

QuoteWhat A Wonderful Man is about Obama, too...

hahah that's awesome..

My Monkey Friend

i find it funny the obama supporters are pleading with the other half of america  " he is your president, support him!" much like you did when bush was in office? on the whole, bush was a weener. but the amount of disrespect he got was horrid.

are we sure tyrone wasnt about obama?

aMillionDreams

Because this forum is turning a song from my favorite band into an anthem for a man i don't like.. Thought i'd get my opinion out there.. Sorry if i struck a nerve aMD.. Can't we just get along man.. We got different views on the guy.. They won't change because we argue..

Yeah, we can get along.  But I still think your viewpoints on Obama, at least the one's who've articulated here, are pretty ridiculous.  

And again, I don't think it's this forum or this thread that changed the meaning of the song. But really what's the difference if the song is about him or not? We know Jim is an Obama supporter, you can either ignore that or move on.  Would you walk out of an MMJ show if Jim said something about Obama.  If so, I said fare thee well.

Sorry to get so heated, but I just can't stand people who know better and choose ignorance. You seem to be one of those people, at least in this thread.

aMillionDreams

Quotei find it funny the obama supporters are pleading with the other half of america  " he is your president, support him!" much like you did when bush was in office? on the whole, bush was a weener. but the amount of disrespect he got was horrid.

are we sure tyrone wasnt about obama?

Works both ways.  Bill O'Reily insisted that Democrats support Bush because "he's our president" and "this is a time of war".  You bet he's singing a different tune now, too.  

If you wanna talk about double standards between parties, why was Clinton impeached and Bush not?

IMO, Bush still hasn't gotten all that's coming to him.  He had tons of support from reps and dems after 9/11, the disrespect he received after that was a direct result of the screw-ups and flat-out frauds perpetrated against this country.

Dudley

Well given the fact I didn't go see anymore shows this year when i found out they were donating to his campaign... I think i'd walk out.. As you can see politics greatly impact lives... and I go to a concert to hear music and escape that life... When i hear things like that it puts me right back out in the real world... The same reason I won't go see Pearl Jam anymore.. We don't need to know the bands political views.. BTW I will see MMJ many many more times.. I just pray he won't rant about politics in any way...

Love Dogg

I think Obama has moved pretty swiftly in his "one week in office."  The problem is that he's only been in office for one week.  It takes a long time to reverse someone else's mistakes.  

Our country fell off the stage a while ago at the end of a bad ass guittar solo and suffered severe injuries to the torso, to the balls area, and to the mind area.  It is going to take a little time to get our strength back to the rockingset country in the world.  We have to get our finances in order (torso), we have to get our balls back in order (military) and we have to have every American citizen behind our new leader (who, by the way doesn't seem to have a personal agenda-the terms liberal and conservative are no longer important to point out) and help ourselves step it up (mind).  I know that once again, I am patriotic.  I know that I feel optimistic again.  And I think that every individual on this forum, and in this country feels the same way...some are just standing behind a position and refuse to admit it...because they can.  That's fine.

We have clearly stated that most likely Look At You was not written about Obama.  But is often interpreted that way these days, because of the spirit he has and the spirit he produces around him.  Jim is the only person who knows who that song is about.  But fuck you for saying people treat Obama like God.  People say that Jim is God.  People said that Garcia was God.  Let me tell you something... he was elected because WE (America) feel like he is the most capable person for this position.  He is a savior to some people and to some people, he will never be able to do enough.  But to others...he is more important than Jesus.  Because really...really...has any of us heard Jesus give a speech...or heard Jesus say that he would try his hardest to change the path we are on?  I haven't, either.

PS-I know, I know...I never gotta fight with you.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

My Monkey Friend

o'reilly is a butthole. and clinton was never impeached.