JBA Pt. 4: Sooner vs. How Do You Know

Started by maxc, Apr 11, 2009, 06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmascriminal

Welcome to Jacket Bracket Attack Pt. 4, the b-sides losers tournament. This JBA will be brief, less than two weeks. It will be followed by the final, four song championship battle. Matches will occur generally at 6:00 PM though on some days, they may have to be switched to another time for various reasons. The closer I get to the end of the semester, the more erratic my schedule will get. Unlike the last JBA, there will be matches on Tuesdays. These matches will open at 5:30, thereby leaving the previous matches still open for only a half hour. Results for these matches will be reported at 10:30 PM, four and a half hours after they close, unless somebody else wants to count them up and post the results before I am able to. This is the first round, in which there will be two matches a day for four days. Since these songs are less well known, I am expecting less people to participate. That being said, I hope those who do play along have a good time  :D.

xmascriminal

Xmas Time is Here vs. Good Nights and Happy Trails!!!
Sweetheart vs. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)

If you still haven't heard Wonderful, it can be found here: http://anyones-guess.blogspot.com/2008/08/jim-james-live-at-newport-folk-festival.html

xmascriminal

Sparkle

hizzo

One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

AMightyCaporal

dammit this is tough...

Xmas and Sweetheart i think will suffice
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Love Dogg

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Bumbeli

QuoteI havent heard any of these songs  :-/

Neither did I except for "Wonderful", and this makes me kinda sad.
Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

xmascriminal

QuoteI havent heard any of these songs  :-/

You don't have Chocolate and Ice?  :'( :'( :'( Get it tomorrow.

xmascriminal

Xmas Time is Here = 4
Good Night and Happy Trails!!! = 2

Sweetheart = 5
Wonderful (The Way I Feel) = 1

New matches soon.

xmascriminal

Time Never Gets vs. I Can't Wait
Nothing 2 Me vs. R.I.P.V.G.

If you haven't heard I Can't Wait, it's available here. You have to click on the link that says "zip up the night" to get the whole show, because the individual songs don't work anymore.

http://www.fuelfriendsblog.com/2008/06/03/got-fortyfives-to-play-at-night-m-ward-jim-james-conor-oberst-live-in-2004/

xmascriminal

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

xmascriminal

1 Vote in 24 Hours = A Waste of Time. This is certainly not something I'm going to spend two weeks doing.

Sooner was probably going to win this, so here's what we'll do. If you'd vote for any of these songs over Sooner, please post. We'll proceed accordingly:
Xmas Time is Here
When Will They Come??
How Do You Know
Time Never Gets
I Can't Wait
What Will I Do?
Like It Should
Breathin'
Sweetheart
Nothing 2 Me
R.I.P.V.G.
Holy
Somebody Cares About the Maestro

In you want to hear Breathin', see Tom's post in the JBA Pt. 4 Question thread. Like It Should is available at the link I put into the post I made at 5:03 last night. If nobody participates in the next 24 hours, I'm going to assume that Sooner is the winner. So if you're really into How Do You Know (or some other song), make your opinion heard. You don't have to have heard every song to participate here. Just pick any and all songs you'd vote for over Sooner.

Love Dogg

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

hizzo

I think I might have to go with How Do You Know as well. And where is can you see the hard helmet on my head? Was that in a previous jacket bracket?
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

AMightyCaporal

hmm, i wish i have heard some of those songs- I think i only know sooner and xmas and I love both- I'm sorry I cant be more of a help Xmas, these brackets are always a lot of fun, sorry that no one has replied
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side