JBA Pt. 4: Sooner vs. How Do You Know

Started by maxc, Apr 11, 2009, 06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

I think that it's just that not a lot of people know most these songs... we love these brackets, but right now there aren't enough people who know about the band's extensive back catalog to make this kind of thing happen.

Don't give up on the brackets though. 1st and 3rd rounds were insanely fun. Keep it up!
In another time, in another place, in another face

xmascriminal

To answer everybody
1. There's no Devil's Peanut Butter because I was going to switch it with Breathin' if we couldn't get a copy, but now there is one. Since that song, El Caporal and Dear Wife were released after this whole thing began, they're not included here. Possibly next time.
2. Hard Helmet lost in Pt. 2.
3. As for keeping it up, we'll have a thread devoted to that by the end of the week, or Monday at the latest.

Also, it looks like How Do You Know is the other really popular song here, so we'll have a match between that and Sooner at 6:00. After that, we'll move on to the final battle.

xmascriminal

This one's for the win:

Sooner vs. How Do You Know

xmascriminal

TGMC421

[size=8](Boomer!) [/size] Sooner.

just kidding.   ::)

Love Dogg

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

aMillionDreams

QuoteI havent heard any of these songs  :-/

Why are you here? and have so many posts?  Stop posting and go listen to Chocolate and Ice!

Sooner (that's really though.)

I missed this thread until just now somehow.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Leontheslut

Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

capt. scotty

Why are you here? and have so many posts?  Stop posting and go listen to Chocolate and Ice!

So its a rule I have to have heard every single song recorded by MMJ for me to be here and have a certain amount of posts?  :-?

Yeah, I know. Ive heard the whole Cobra but just havent gotten around to getting all the EP's yet. I keep waiting for someone to put 1 up on ebay for the cheap but hasnt happened for about the 6 months Ive been looking.

And my vote is: Sooner.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

easy way

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

hizzo

One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

Bumbeli

Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

Sparkle

aMillionDreams

So its a rule I have to have heard every single song recorded by MMJ for me to be here and have a certain amount of posts?  :-?

Yeah, I know. Ive heard the whole Cobra but just havent gotten around to getting all the EP's yet. I keep waiting for someone to put 1 up on ebay for the cheap but hasnt happened for about the 6 months Ive been looking.

No, it's a rule, I'm just curious as to why you spend so much time here if you aren't even familiar with the band's major releases.   I understand newbies around here who aren't super familiar with their work, but I don't understand spending as much time here as you do and not becoming familiar with the albums and EPs at the very least.

goose

I vote for How Do You Know. Where did this post come from?  Did it magically appear last night?
Hooked on four like one, two, three

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

capt. scotty

No, it's a rule, I'm just curious as to why you spend so much time here if you aren't even familiar with the band's major releases.   I understand newbies around here who aren't super familiar with their work, but I don't understand spending as much time here as you do and not becoming familiar with the albums and EPs at the very least.

I would hardly call any of their EP's major releases. Hell, you cant even get a physical copy of their last one @ the Palms.

I have all their major releases (the 5 albums, okonokos CD and DVD), the candles & panties EP, and a few random B-Sides. And actually I got C&I on eBay yesterday since I found one under $8.

MMJ is 1 of my favorite bands, but the main reason im around here on the daily is because its an active discussion board, both in the MMJ section and Off-Topic forums, thats has a lot of fun and interesting conversations, and there's a lot of cool people here.

And I dont understand the "at the very least" part at the end there. If I listened to all their albums and EP's, that would be their entire damn catalog. I know I'll get around to getting all the EP's eventually, and I think I actually prefer it that way because say after the next MMJ album comes out, there's more old material I can still get to hear for the first time to balance everything out.

Sorry if me not hearing every song they've written makes me less of a fan to you, but I've been a fan for 5-6 years and increasingly moreso over the last 1-2, and I hardly feel it makes me less of a fan.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Love Dogg

Don't sweat it, headdy.  I don't think aMD is being a dickhead about it...I think he is just suggesting that people spend more time listening to the unparralleled goodnes of everyting jacket (that you can get your hands on) and less time on here...and not spend so much time on here until then.  It truly is magical.

I also don't think the message is directed at you only, either...I just think you gave an opening.  No big deal.

*[size=9]this diplomatic attempt at finding peace is done so in the standard 'correct me if I'm wrong' format.  I definitely don't want to step on anybody's toes here.[/size]
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

aMillionDreams

I would hardly call any of their EP's major releases. Hell, you cant even get a physical copy of their last one @ the Palms.

I have all their major releases (the 5 albums, okonokos CD and DVD), the candles & panties EP, and a few random B-Sides. And actually I got C&I on eBay yesterday since I found one under $8.

MMJ is 1 of my favorite bands, but the main reason im around here on the daily is because its an active discussion board, both in the MMJ section and Off-Topic forums, thats has a lot of fun and interesting conversations, and there's a lot of cool people here.

And I dont understand the "at the very least" part at the end there. If I listened to all their albums and EP's, that would be their entire damn catalog. I know I'll get around to getting all the EP's eventually, and I think I actually prefer it that way because say after the next MMJ album comes out, there's more old material I can still get to hear for the first time to balance everything out.

Sorry if me not hearing every song they've written makes me less of a fan to you, but I've been a fan for 5-6 years and increasingly moreso over the last 1-2, and I hardly feel it makes me less of a fan.

Sorry to question your "fanhood" but you brought it on yourself.  Chocolate and Ice and the Spilt Ep are in a different category since they contain material never released anywhere else before.  I consider that a major release.  I'll agree that chocolate and Panties isn't essential but Chocolate and Ice is.

And this band has SOOOO much more material than is contained on their EPs and LPs.  They have comp tracks, singles, tons of live material, and some unreleased gems floating around.  I'm not imploring you to become a completist like some of us fools but if you think you get the picture just by listening to the studio albums, think again.