JBA Pt. 4: Sooner vs. How Do You Know

Started by maxc, Apr 11, 2009, 06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leontheslut

QuoteI havent heard any of these songs  :-/

Why are you here? and have so many posts?  Stop posting and go listen to Chocolate and Ice!

So its a rule I have to have heard every single song recorded by MMJ for me to be here and have a certain amount of posts?  :-?

Yeah, I know. Ive heard the whole Cobra but just havent gotten around to getting all the EP's yet. I keep waiting for someone to put 1 up on ebay for the cheap but hasnt happened for about the 6 months Ive been looking.

And my vote is: Sooner.

No, it's a rule, I'm just curious as to why you spend so much time here if you aren't even familiar with the band's major releases.   I understand newbies around here who aren't super familiar with their work, but I don't understand spending as much time here as you do and not becoming familiar with the albums and EPs at the very least.

I would hardly call any of their EP's major releases. Hell, you cant even get a physical copy of their last one @ the Palms.

I have all their major releases (the 5 albums, okonokos CD and DVD), the candles & panties EP, and a few random B-Sides. And actually I got C&I on eBay yesterday since I found one under $8.

MMJ is 1 of my favorite bands, but the main reason im around here on the daily is because its an active discussion board, both in the MMJ section and Off-Topic forums, thats has a lot of fun and interesting conversations, and there's a lot of cool people here.

And I dont understand the "at the very least" part at the end there. If I listened to all their albums and EP's, that would be their entire damn catalog. I know I'll get around to getting all the EP's eventually, and I think I actually prefer it that way because say after the next MMJ album comes out, there's more old material I can still get to hear for the first time to balance everything out.

Sorry if me not hearing every song they've written makes me less of a fan to you, but I've been a fan for 5-6 years and increasingly moreso over the last 1-2, and I hardly feel it makes me less of a fan.
How dare you post on this board and not know every note to every song Jim James has ever written. For Shame.

Turn in your fan card right now, you don't even deserve to breathe the same air as us REAL Jacket fans!

I hope you die.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

xmascriminal

Tomorrow

6:30

The end begins.  :) ;) :D