What are they up to?

Started by true, May 19, 2009, 03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

Secretly making a new album? Taking some time off to spend with family? Planning to take over the world? Where are the informants? I need some inside information.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TEO

Living like millionaires. Eat when you are hungry, sleep when you are tired, bathe when you are dirty, and wander around doing anything you want.......
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

AlwxanderD10

the sun and moon

supposedly, we've got a monsters of folk album in the works from Jim. Pat was or is touring with Dan Auerbach--carl; chillin--tom; chillin--bo is or was touring with Everest. They sound busy....some of them.

In the meantime, we should all just put on Okonokos in a sweathouse, close our eyes, sit on our hands, criss cross applesauce and make believe.

capt. scotty

In the meantime, we should all just put on Okonokos in a sweathouse, close our eyes, sit on our hands, criss cross applesauce and make believe.

say what?!  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

hizzo

One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

BH

http://madison.decider.com/articles/interview-cory-chisel,27794/

When Decider last checked in with Appleton singer-songwriter Cory Chisel in July, he had just released the Cabin Ghosts EP on RCA imprint Black Seal. With Chisel coming back to Madison on Monday for a show with Meiko at the Majestic Theatre, we called up to get an update on his forthcoming full-length, which is tentatively titled Mockingbird and even more tentatively scheduled for release in July. Working with producer Joe Chiccarelli—who also helmed The White Stripes' Icky Thump and The Shins' Wincing The Night Away, among many albums—Chisel was joined in the studio by an all-star cast that included members of My Morning Jacket (Carl), The Raconteurs, and Band Of Horses. Decider caught up with Chisel the day after he finished recording for a quick chat.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

http://www.examiner.com/x-5768-Denver-Concerts-Examiner~y2009m4d28-Interview-with-Anthony-Crawford-on-his-new-record-Five-Is-Red

Upon hearing the CD, it sounds like a mix of folk, blues, and soul. Had growing up in Birmingham influenced this mesh of genres?

The sound of the CD developed with the collaboration of Everest and Bo Koster. I sent them over 40 songs I had written and we all made a list of our favorites. Somehow we were very close in our choices and then we just fell into the sound. Russ Pollard (lead singer from Everest) played the drums and he and I had a connection like we were brothers from the same rhythmical mother. They all gave of themselves to the music in a way that made the songs feel brand new.

There are quite a few noticeable artists on the new album; however, I am interested in how you got to collaborating with Bo Koster of My Morning Jacket. How did this come about?

I met Bo while touring Australia with Neil. The opening act was My Morning Jacket and through that time I got to know all of them and found them to be real and generous people. I asked Bo if he would consider being a part of it and so it was.

Was there any influence from Bo Koster's indie rock style on "Five is Red?"

One moment in particular was the vocal choir sound on "Self To the Dark". It was directed by Bo who is a brilliant musical mind. He knew just what to do to get all of us on the correct parts. His playing on the record changed the sound in a big way. I now give him guitar lessons for life.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.