Synchronicity made me wet

Started by el_chode, Jul 06, 2009, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Thought I'd share a little incident of pure synchronicity that occurred this weekend:

Traveling by boat to Island Beach State Park in New Jersey with a cooler full of beer and the sun on our backs, we went under the last bridge before the lighthouse. As we get into the open water, the beginning of One Big Holiday came on the stereo and provided an excellent primer to leaving the no-wake zone.

We have a tiny little boat (20') and we're surrounded by big ass yachts and racing boats creating massive wakes. As we cross into the yes-wake zone, the first heavy chord hits in OBH, and I go quarter throttle to get our boat in gear. The second chord hits, we go full throttle, the boat levels out and we pick up some serious speed. As Patrick's drumming beats into the guitar riff, the front of the boat descends as we jump a massive wave, and we land as the full-fury of One Big Holiday (right before the singing) blasts through the stereo. Right at this moment, we hit a wave so big that it came crashing over the bow of our boat like one of the giant log flume rides at the amusement park, soaking all of us to the bone.

It was early in the morning, and we hadn't quite woken up yet until this point, and as we begin to air dry in morning sun, the rest of the song carried us into the perfect start to a day of drinking.
I'm surrounded by assholes

BH

You should sell tickets to that ride.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

el_chode

QuoteYou should sell tickets to that ride.

I'll operate on a barter service to ensure that I'm always swimming in beer.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Mr._Nussbaum

Talk about your misleading thread titles.  I thought it was about The Police and...well, you know.

tdb810

That sounds so cool!

I have ridden a little motorboat in that area before, it's quite lovely.  But the funniest thing --- my husband (we were not married at the time) left the anchor in the MF'ing water...all of sudden we are like chugging along, thinking this boat is a total bomber, and then it was I who realized we were dragging the anchor along....i should have known then he wouldn't be the handiest of men :)

But he digs MMJ so it's all good.  Love the OBH moment!  Magic
.....Back at the Model Home