Main Menu

why lou? why?

Started by shiptain, Dec 28, 2005, 12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiptain

well, i am going to go with laziness...

just like all of the journalists who name-drop pink floyd in recent MMJ articles, because of John Leckie. the DJ on the recent Morning Becomes Eclectic even did it. to which jim politely corrected him.

MMJ_fanatic

and in the end who really gives a fuck that Lou'ville is mentioned almost as often as MMJ in articles about them.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ali

speaking as someone who didn't know anything about louisville (or kentucky actually for that matter) i've found it quite interesting to read articles etc about mmj to see where they come from. i'm sure people get pissed off about the whole "southern fried" thing, but i'm sure most people can move beyond that sort of thing. everyone gets that sort of thing to a degree - i do. i grew up in tasmania, a small island off the south coast of australia (about 1 hour flight from melbourne where i live now), and there is a long standing joke on mainland australia (about 200 years going strong now) that tasmanians have 2 heads (original settlers of tas, along with the rest of australia were english convicts - as they were stuck in this small place, the rest of the country has a great time joking about generations of incest - hence the 2 heads). so pretty much guaranteed as soon as i say where i'm from, there WILL be a joke about the head ("did you leave it at home tonight?" "can i see the second-head-removal scar?"). but then again, when aussies aren't bagging out taswegians, we're bagging out kiwis (people from new zealand)...

gotta love human being sometimes.

so i've enjoyed learning a bit about da ville. southern fried or not!  :)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

shiptain

Quotespeaking as someone who didn't know anything about louisville (or kentucky actually for that matter) i've found it quite interesting to read articles etc about mmj to see where they come from. i'm sure people get pissed off about the whole "southern fried" thing, but i'm sure most people can move beyond that sort of thing. everyone gets that sort of thing to a degree - i do. i grew up in tasmania, a small island off the south coast of australia (about 1 hour flight from melbourne where i live now), and there is a long standing joke on mainland australia (about 200 years going strong now) that tasmanians have 2 heads (original settlers of tas, along with the rest of australia were english convicts - as they were stuck in this small place, the rest of the country has a great time joking about generations of incest - hence the 2 heads). so pretty much guaranteed as soon as i say where i'm from, there WILL be a joke about the head ("did you leave it at home tonight?" "can i see the second-head-removal scar?"). but then again, when aussies aren't bagging out taswegians, we're bagging out kiwis (people from new zealand)...

gotta love human being sometimes.

so i've enjoyed learning a bit about da ville. southern fried or not!  :)

that was interesting!

ali

love a song for the way it makes you feel