Yim Yames...A Tribute to

Started by dkessler175, Jun 24, 2009, 12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkessler175

This is a new tribute by Yim Yames of ours truely covering George Harrison songs. I don't know have this has been posted on here yet but i just found out about it today at work when the order form came in.  August 4 is the release date and it is sure to be great.

http://www.amazon.com/Tribute-Yim-Yames/dp/B002DU0R9E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1245818093&sr=8-1

dkessler175

"A few days are George Harrison passed away in 2001, Yim Yames was moved to record this six song EP of Harrison covers, paying tribute to a man he never met, but with whom he felt a special connection.  The tracks have a serene quality that mourn the loss of a legendary spirit while celebrating his enduring influence.

On the EP, Yames performs beautiful renditions of four cuts from Harrison's classic album All Things Must Pass as well as two of the Beatles tunes that he penned.  These six tracks have a raw, minimalist feel - featuring little more than Yames' vocals and acoustic guitar.  With all the space, the room in which the tracks were recorded truly serves as anouther instrument in the mix, creating an ethereal aura for a backdrop.

From his warm, multi-layered vocals on opening track :Long Long Long" to his near-whisperat the end of the album closer "All Things Must Pass" Yames sings in a fittingly intimate manner.  In the album's liner notes, he refers to Harrison as "a prime example of the healing power of music."  These words apply just as much to this EP.  As the final chords on Tribute To fing out, one can't help but feel a deep, satisfying sense of catharsis"

-RED New Releases

Track Listing:
1.  Long, Long, Long
2. Behind That Locked Door
3. Love You To
4. My Sweet Lord
5. Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll)
6. All Things Must Pass

BH

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]  Yes!

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Don Dante

Holy schnapple!  Two of my favorites of all time united.  And I love that he is actually releasing it as YY.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

Sparkle

This is great, I must have it!

Yim Yames is the man  :)

BH

George Harrison Tribute - August
Monsters of Folk - September
Preservation Hall Benefit - Fall
Ben Sollee project Benefit - Sometime this year.

Who needs a new album!

Dylan has been talking about the possibility of MMJ releasing this tribute for years.  I'm so glad he didn't dream this.   :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Supercool!  Caught this thread last night and am now listening to All Things Must Pass right now!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

lasvegas

this is awesome.

made even more awesomer by the fact it's being released as a 180g LP!!!

and you can pre-order here:
http://www.musicdirect.com/product/85712
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

NoVa_NoLa

This is fantastic!  Thanks for posting kessler!

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

megalicious

this is the best news! i can't WAIT to hear this!
:)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Sassbox

Because there weren't enough reasons to love YY...

Thanks for sharing!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

pawpaw

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] Thanks for the news!  :D
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ALady

Awesome....simply awesome   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

searchinbig

Awesome news.
Anybody do the pre-order?

Think it's best to wait for an official announcement?  :-/

Or is this official.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

lasvegas

QuoteAwesome news.

yep.

seems pretty official to me.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

mjkoehler

searchinbig

QuoteAwesome news.

yep.

seems pretty official to me.

Great!

Imagine calling your record store and saying:

"Good morning. Did you guys get the new Yim Yames album in yet?"

I don't know if I can get the words out without cracking up! The place would probably hang up on me!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.