Yim Yames...A Tribute to

Started by dkessler175, Jun 24, 2009, 12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

QuoteHow fucking awesome is Long, Long, Long?
Man...I feel like I'm floating...great song.

Bigsky

Any one know about the timing of this release. Since it was recorded back in 2001, I'm just curious why it took so long to release. Don't get me wrong, I think the timing is perfect  (I was craving some new music). Any ideas?

aMillionDreams

It was recorded just after the death of George Harrison.  They wanted to release it then, but I believe legal decisions were being made about George's work, which made it impossible to release the EP at the time.  I even heard that they were toying with releasing it in Canada under another name (yim yames?) to get around the legalities but obviously that didn't happen.

As to why it is being released now.  I suppose they just didn't have the occasion to until now.  Jim said in an interview that the concert appearance he did with Paul and Ringo for the David Lynch Foundation inspired him to finally release this tribute.  No new MMj material probably helped with the timing of it all, too, I would guess.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Anu

Timing? Perhaps a Yim Yames solo album & tour before the next Jacket? I know Carl is or is about to be a new dad & may not want the pressure of a new record and tour for a bit.

headhunter

fyi, you can also pre-order the vinyl (w/out the t-shirt) on musicdirect.com.  for about $12.  i already ordered mine but also had to buy the download as I couldn't wait until august to have the music.

no affiliation
was some shakin' and some record playin'

jmk

Hate to take business away from Yim Yames' site, but that's a hefty price tag. You can pick the vinyl up on Amazon for $12.

Love Dogg

QuoteHate to take business away from Yim Yames' site, but that's a hefty price tag. You can pick the vinyl up on Amazon for $12.

The t-shirt better be cool.  It better be Jim related and not some cheesy shirt they give away to volunteers.  Just sayin'...
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Im The Dude

QuoteHate to take business away from Yim Yames' site, but that's a hefty price tag. You can pick the vinyl up on Amazon for $12.

The t-shirt better be cool.  It better be Jim related and not some cheesy shirt they give away to volunteers.  Just sayin'...

I ordered the delux edition for almost $50. it'll be worth it...cause it's jim james...I can't wait to hear the vinyl of this album. Well done covers.

What song is your favorite? I like behind that locked door.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

AlwxanderD10

I Believe this is the shirt not sure though.

capt. scotty

^
|

thats what i thought

....your arrow is better  :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

CC

correct.
here's a real pic of the t-shirt.

searchinbig

Plus S&H and Tax. I thought the S&H was kind of high but after pricing all individually it came to about 5 bucks more at YY than Amazon or Sanctuary. I pre-ordered the whole enchilada cause a portion was to benefit the farm. They made that very clear. Not to mention you get the download to keep the veins pumped for a while!

Also, they did say everything would be available to all August 4. I'll probably get another vinyl at that time.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Kory

Quotecorrect.
here's a real pic of the t-shirt.

Soooo glad it's not white! thx for the pic CC!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

DaFunkyPrecedent

I like how it says "solo album coming soon"

This is now the era of Yim Yames huh?

Prediction: Jacket will do the festival tour next summer - late night Roo for sure!
God damn those shaky knees.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI like how it says "solo album coming soon"

Prediction: Jacket will do the festival tour next summer - late night Roo for sure!

THey should have their own festival like Phish does. I'd travel anywhere for that.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ALady

From your keyboard to Superfly's ears...

THey should have their own festival like Phish does. I'd travel anywhere for that.

Whoa....agreed!   :D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

Maybe after another album or 2 they could/would?!

They certainly would be able to bust out plenty of rare or basically never heard live songs from early albums [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

...covers are always nice too!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Bigsky

This shit is starting to grow on me...such nice sounds. I think GH would be proud. I hope he's looking down smiling ;)

searchinbig

[smiley=engel017.gif]

I think he is!  Can't wait for the vinyl.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Angry Ewok

I'll be going the Amazon route for the vinyl. (Actually, I'll try a couple of CIM stores, first)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.