Main Menu

11-23-05 show

Started by loungefly18, Jan 14, 2006, 10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loungefly18

listening now to the 11-23-05 show pretty much solidified this band as being tghe best band live better than any other ever, including radiohead, which i've seen, zeppelin or any other...i'm  a bit drunk, sorry.

BH

I am sober as a rock and I agree.  I was in St. Louis the night before (far from sober) and although it was a "religious" experience for me, it was an extremely short show, relatively speaking.  I anticipated this because of the finale in Louisville on the 23rd.  So I downloaded that show and I listen to it all the time.  I love the Going to Hell finish. Also the last show since Jim got sick.

Get well Jim!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

JacketGal

I will chime in to say this show is a diamond! I have not listened to all of them...but I would go out on a limb and say it's probably going to have 'Roo '04 status!

"Bust some ghosts!" ;D

And yes, get well Jim!!!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

realdeal

Agree with all. That was by far the most emotional and balls-out rock show of the fall tour. Plus the audio quality is above par compared to most. I have it on my iPod and it blows my mind!

peanut butter puddin surprise

Not to swim against the current, but the recording must be straight from the soundboard.  I wasn't thinking the sound was all that great at that show.  The Palace has a SHITTY PA system, and there isn't a show I've seen there that sounded all that great.  Maybe it was just me.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

realdeal

QuoteNot to swim against the current, but the recording must be straight from the soundboard.  I wasn't thinking the sound was all that great at that show.  The Palace has a SHITTY PA system, and there isn't a show I've seen there that sounded all that great.  Maybe it was just me.

Your're right on. the sound was piped right from the boards through WFPK. the acousitics at the palace aren't the best...

GO HEADLINERS!!! Its sucks to know they will never play a show there again. I don't know why. They play in similar size clubs around the country.