Is Jim almost..........

Started by Rob, Jan 17, 2006, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob

........ready to get back into the swing of things? Z's over 3 months old now and is in need of some more serious promotion.  :o
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

EC

Z's doin' pretty good, I'd say.  ;)

I'm sure that Jim James will be the first to lace up his sneakers and run on the bus once his lungs are better.  

Tore

Anyone heard how many Z-copies MMJ has sold?

primushead

QuoteAnyone heard how many Z-copies MMJ has sold?

The last figures I heard was that it sold around 185,000 copies.  I don't know how accurate that is, but I read that somewhere at the beginning of this month.

cmccubbin25

i need some Jacket news...anything...tell me something NEW!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

chris

According to the soundscan #'s they use for Billboard charts it had sold 106,023 for the billboard charts posted on 1/21/06.  During that week it sold 6,090 copies, which was down a little from the previous week.  They just released the numbers for the week of 1/28/06 and Z isn't on it b/c it didn't make it in the top 200 (it was ranked something like #186 the previous week).  Looking at the sales for the 1/28/06 chart it appears that it must have sold fewer than 4,812 for the week b/c that's what the sales figure was for the #200 album.  I'm assuming these #'s are US sales, so I have no idea about international sales.  Hope this helps.

chris
yeah, so if it's sad, well you still gotta live till ya die

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

George_Savage

The last figures I heard was that it sold around 185,000 copies.  I don't know how accurate that is, but I read that somewhere at the beginning of this month.

Does anyone have figures on their other LPs?    I figure that ISM probably sold more than At Dawn and The Tennessee Fire combined?   And that Z has probably outsold ISM?  I remember asking them before the 9/4/02
Birmingham show just how many copies At Dawn had sold - and Jim said 'about 6,000' and I couldn't believe that it wasn't substantially more than that.  That was when they played at The Nick to about 50 people and I remember sitting there talking to them and *noone* was there trying to talk to them and I just thought "these days aren't going to happen very much longer" - I didn't predict any sort of Beatlemania-esque bedlam, but it was still odd to me that they were sitting there and I was the only one bothering them!   Here's to Jim, his health and to the rest of the band!

Low Dog