Listening to Okonokos has proven to me that mmj...

Started by laylow82, May 14, 2009, 03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laylow82

is the real deal when it comes to live performances.  Listening to disc 2 was such a powerful experience to me and the energy that they bring is unmatched by anyone.  I love this band ;D

Leontheslut

You needed Okonokos to find that out? You need to go see them live YOURSELF then! It's even more intense when your shit faced 20 feet from JJ rocking your face off.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Love Dogg

QuoteYou needed Okonokos to find that out? You need to go see them live YOURSELF then! It's even more intense when your shit faced 20 feet from JJ rocking your face off.

Check this out....you don't even have to be "shit faced."  ;)
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

laylow82

I know i have to see them live.  I really hope they will announce a summer tour soon.

capt. scotty

QuoteYou needed Okonokos to find that out? You need to go see them live YOURSELF then! It's even more intense when your shit faced 20 feet from JJ rocking your face off.

Check this out....you don't even have to be "shit faced."  ;)

JJ makes me shitfaced all the time. Especially during OBH, Lay Low, and Off The Record.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

JacketGal

QuoteI know i have to see them live.  I really hope they will announce a summer tour soon.
Right on! You know a friend of mine and I were talking about our first live MMJ experience. Without question in the top 3 "first time" seen shows of my life. I am old. I have been to a lot of shows. These guys can make you see your higher power!  8-)
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Brother Beck

I recently listened to Okonokos after having not played it for a while.  

I do most of my listening via my car's CD player while driving around, and I remember moving Okonokos out of my car because I was fumbling with the double disc case too much and not putting them back and the CDs themselves were getting scratched and wrecked.  Silly and stupid, I know - point is, it had been a while.

Pure magic.  Absolute, sheer and utter musical brilliance.  Words simply do not exist to do justice to the awesomeness that flows forth from my speakers as Okonokos plays, like some sort of two hour spell being weaved over me by five powerful and benevolent wizards.    

Shepardspy

I think they are even better now than what's on Okonokos, but yes Okonokos is the saaaweet

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI think they are even better now than what's on Okonokos, but yes Okonokos is the saaaweet

seriously- i never thought it possible but they have definitely stepped up to the next level... okonokos pt 2 would split the earth in half it would be so awesome!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side