What A Wonderful Man?

Started by memphis2kentucky, Jun 23, 2006, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRoof

Anyone know what Jim is saying at the very end of the song?...can't quite make it out and the lyrics posted everywhere/liner notes don't list it...

Thank ya very much
You Are Everything

BH

I've wondered that as well.  We talked about this on the board before and nobody really gave any ideas.  For some reason in my head I always hear   "xxxxxxxx to suck his blood" but that's not right I don't think.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMD

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=themusic;action=display;num=1128870227

I still think it's "a beast to suck your blood".  Which is obviously a reference to Jesus.  ;)

Angry Ewok

Maybe this is a retarded suggestion, but has anyone tried playing it backwards? It doesn't sound like a reversed line, but it may still be backwards speech.

Just a left-field thing.

???
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Olliges

Im going to be very honest, with all of you, i kno what your talking about and until i saw what other people thought it was.... i thought it was " A bitch to suck your nuts"  hey... you never know..
but either way...jim is the man
No need to shut er down, go round and round in the air

BH

QuoteIm going to be very honest, with all of you, i kno what your talking about and until i saw what other people thought it was.... i thought it was " A bitch to suck your nuts"  hey... you never know..

Great, thanks a lot.  Now that's gonna be in my head every time! ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TheRoof

QuoteIm going to be very honest, with all of you, i kno what your talking about and until i saw what other people thought it was.... i thought it was " A bitch to suck your nuts"  hey... you never know..

I laughed out loud on that one!....that's great
You Are Everything

tomEisenbraun

well...half-way there ;)

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Sleazy Rider

I thought it was "the beast and succubus." but I'm where everyone else is on that one, don't really know.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

ColdCold_Lightning

I have oftened wondered what that lyric was also.  Call it the power of suggestion, but I just listened to the song in my office and I now swear he says "a bitch to suck your nuts".  Thanks Olliges !!!

By the way, my 4-year old daughter loves to put in Z and dance like a maniac.  Looks like we are going to have to skip over this song now   ;)

Angry Ewok

If she asks, it's : "I VANT TO SUCK YER BLUUUDDDD"

Edit: Or maybe vampire references aren't appropriate for 4 year olds, either?
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

QuoteI thought it was "the beast and succubus." but I'm where everyone else is on that one, don't really know.

that's pretty good... you might have nailed it.

ColdCold_Lightning

QuoteIf she asks, it's : "I VANT TO SUCK YER BLUUUDDDD"

Edit: Or maybe vampire references aren't appropriate for 4 year olds, either?

Sucking blood might be easier to explain than sucking the other....   well maybe not.  If she asks, I guess I will just let her mom explain it to her

Oz

QuoteI thought it was "the beast and succubus." but I'm where everyone else is on that one, don't really know.

I think you're right on that one, but what the hell does that mean?  ???
I'm ready when you are

primushead

I always thought he was saying, "A bitch to suck your nuts".

Think about it.

MMJ_fanatic

My vote's for "a beast to suck your blood"--creepy and mysterious all at once...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

I'm still backing "A bitch to suck your nuts".  

;)

MMJ_fanatic

I think you have a testicular-suckage fixation ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

QuoteI think you have a testicular-suckage fixation ;)

I don't, but your mom does.  BURN!!!

;D

jrat

its nut sucking, hahhaa its gotta be, ive thought since day one, and could never find it. i just didnt have the balls(pun) to ask anyone if thats what it was. hahhahaha. im so easily entertained
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd