Songs you'd like to see MMJ cover

Started by tjd, Sep 09, 2009, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buymycar

QuoteI think it'd be fucking rad to hear MMJ cover a Tool song. I would have no idea what to expect.

Prison Sex?  Hooker with a Penis?

Oh, oh, oh...I got it.  Jim would make a perfect Reverend Maynard for Disgustipated.  THESE ARE THE CRIES OF THE CARROTS!

Guy Whitey Corngood

There are so many songs that I'd love to hear MMJ cover, many of them being Neil Young and Curtis Mayfield tunes.  That being said, there is one song that I'd kill to hear them do:

Voyage To Atlantis - The Isley Brothers

Them doing all the little Ernie Isley guitar solos plus Jim putting the reverb treatment on all of those Ronald Isley parts would be the cover to end all covers.

Modi

I know that William DeVaughn's "Be thankful for what you got"  is one of Jim's favorite songs but have they ever covered it?

Being from DC as is William DeVaughn has a special place in my heart.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI know that William DeVaughn's "Be thankful for what you got"  is one of Jim's favorite songs but have they ever covered it?

man that song is so smooooooth. nice choice!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Modi

QuoteI know that William DeVaughn's "Be thankful for what you got"  is one of Jim's favorite songs but have they ever covered it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDTXljIqxRE&feature=PlayList&p=74B0A5F4E0D91BF3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=10

Enjoy!

AMightyCaporal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDTXljIqxRE&feature=PlayList&p=74B0A5F4E0D91BF3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=10

Enjoy!

this is the best... man if they did this live they would put so many people into a trance... its ridiculous how chill it is
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Modi

Enjoy!

this is the best... man if they did this live they would put so many people into a trance... its ridiculous how chill it is

Agreed, very chill but still funky as hell. Good slick struttin' pace. And you know Jim would kill on the vocals.

dcdub

This is the jam they played on the MoF tour right before the band came on stage right? Very groovy tune... 8-)
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

AMightyCaporal

ynwa

QuoteThis is the jam they played on the MoF tour right before the band came on stage right? Very groovy tune... 8-)

yup, loved it since then.  was unawares prior to.

in light of the tpathb gigs:
runnin down a dream & american girl would rock my motherfucking world.  petty lead vocals & jim backing.

also, it'd be dreamy to hear:
the mighty quinn (quinn, the eskimo) jim lead vocals w/ tpath backup
and the cherry on top:
you aint goin nowhere - jj & tp acoustic
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

AMightyCaporal

I was listening to my ipod when lay lady lay came on my shuffle... they would play that so so well. Plus it almost sounds like jim singing it already.

Jon T.

QuoteI was listening to my ipod when lay lady lay came on my shuffle... they would play that so so well. Plus it almost sounds like jim singing it already.

Good one!  I'd love to hear just Yimbo sing "Out on the Weekend".  8-)

ynwa

QuoteI was listening to my ipod when lay lady lay came on my shuffle... they would play that so so well. Plus it almost sounds like jim singing it already.

that may very well be my all time favorite dylan song.  the lyrics are beautiful.  kinda kept it sacred til now.  

yes.  i love this idea.
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

weeniebeenie

in light of the tpathb gigs:
runnin down a dream & american girl would rock my motherfucking world.  petty lead vocals & jim backing.

also, it'd be dreamy to hear:
the mighty quinn (quinn, the eskimo) jim lead vocals w/ tpath backup
and the cherry on top:
you aint goin nowhere - jj & tp acoustic
I like the way you think. I'd love to hear Roger McGuinn sing You Ain't Goin' Nowhere with Tom Petty and Jim. I love the Byrds version of that song.
How loud can silence get?