I literally cried.

Started by andypanda, Mar 01, 2010, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andypanda

Tonight, getting prepped for the Columbus and Sasquatch! shows, I did my usual full catalogue listen. I grabbed a sixer of Molson Canadian (they deserved me buying their beer in honor of a great fucking end to the hockey game, I dont care that the US lost-that shit was epic) and jumped into my studio headphones. Dropped the needle and cracked a top.

Pitch black, moving forward, started getting those tingles by the time I hit Steam Engine. I dont know if it is just the anticipation of the shows, or where I am at in my life, but for some reason every single note started to become more and more profound. I blased through evil urges and then it happened.

Touch me part 2 comes on and I swear to god I felt like I had the answer to the meaning of life. I was sweating, just so intense. The epic buildup and the release of the "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH" part (as properly portrayed in the American Dad episode)... I lost it. I just started crying fucking pints. It was the good cleansing kinf though, where you feel like a new person afterwards.

It was one of those moment I know I will never live again. It was entirely singular.

That feeling was wonderful, dont you ever turn it off... 8-)

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

when you cried though.. how literal was it?

Don Dante

QuoteTonight, getting prepped for the Columbus and Sasquatch! shows, I did my usual full catalogue listen. I grabbed a sixer of Molson Canadian (they deserved me buying their beer in honor of a great fucking end to the hockey game, I dont care that the US lost-that shit was epic) and jumped into my studio headphones. Dropped the needle and cracked a top.

Pitch black, moving forward, started getting those tingles by the time I hit Steam Engine. I dont know if it is just the anticipation of the shows, or where I am at in my life, but for some reason every single note started to become more and more profound. I blased through evil urges and then it happened.

Touch me part 2 comes on and I swear to god I felt like I had the answer to the meaning of life. I was sweating, just so intense. The epic buildup and the release of the "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH" part (as properly portrayed in the American Dad episode)... I lost it. I just started crying fucking pints. It was the good cleansing kinf though, where you feel like a new person afterwards.

It was one of those moment I know I will never live again. It was entirely singular.

That feeling was wonderful, dont you ever turn it off... 8-)

That was beautiful - I love it.  And that was a badass hockey game, fo sho.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

Penny Lane

wow, great story, andy....sounds like it was pretty cathartic for you...we all need those moments now and again...if a guy is going to cry buckets, it certainly has to be during touch me pt 2...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

YouAre_GivenToFly

I would have cried too if I had to drink Molson  :P
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

dcdub

QuoteI would have cried too if I had to drink Molson  :P
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh BURN! Take that, Canada, jerks!
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

you two are crazy, molson ice is awesome.  

capt. scotty

Quoteyou two are crazy, molson ice is awesome.  

I lived on Molson Icers my soph and jr year at PSU...gets you toe up
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quoteyou two are crazy, molson ice is awesome.  

I lived on Molson Icers my soph and jr year at PSU...gets you toe up

I love it, some of this indie hipster micro brew shit is seriously over-hyped.  shit man, sure some dude didn't make it with his dick tip but it's good and does the trick.  Fuck the haters.  

dcdub

Just about anything "ice" will get you toe up, doesn't mean it tastes good though. I'm with ya on the hipster beers. Some I enjoy, but sometimes you just can't beat a PBR
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteJust about anything "ice" will get you toe up, doesn't mean it tastes good though. I'm with ya on the hipster beers. Some I enjoy, but sometimes you just can't beat a PBR

PBR's fine.  I'm just saying molson ice is good.  I don't know why I like it.  I hate natty ice, I hate budweiser. of all the low caliber beers molson ice is bomb in comparison.

capt. scotty

QuoteJust about anything "ice" will get you toe up, doesn't mean it tastes good though. I'm with ya on the hipster beers. Some I enjoy, but sometimes you just can't beat a PBR

PBR's fine.  I'm just saying molson ice is good.  I don't know why I like it.  I hate natty ice, I hate budweiser. of all the low caliber beers molson ice is bomb in comparison.

I second this motion. Molson Ice is just the shiznit somehow

Not saying it tastes great or anything, but it do's the does
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

j_rud

We can't all make beer in a bucket in our basement you snob...
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

jones

If you can cook mac n cheese, you can brew beer.  Seriously.

j_rud

I know its not hard; I know GivenToFly in "real life" and was just busting his beer-brewing balls.

jones

I know its not hard; I know GivenToFly in "real life" and was just busting his beer-brewing balls.

I figured that you were just bagging on a buddy of yours.  I know that it's off subject, but I just started brewing last year and couldn't believe how simple it can be.  Can I boil water?  Yep.  Do I know how measure ingredients?  For sure.  Can I use a timer.  You bet.  It's also another reason (along with golf, fishing, etc.) to drink at 8 AM.

You can have your thread back now.  [smiley=beer.gif]

j_rud

I figured that you were just bagging on a buddy of yours.  I know that it's off subject, but I just started brewing last year and couldn't believe how simple it can be.  Can I boil water?  Yep.  Do I know how measure ingredients?  For sure.  Can I use a timer.  You bet.  It's also another reason (along with golf, fishing, etc.) to drink at 8 AM.

You can have your thread back now.  [smiley=beer.gif]
I was surprised too, actually. I helped him with a batch of porter and asked him what we had to do. "Boil water and measure stuff". A wise man once said "the waiting is the hardest part".

Pork Soda

i guess some of you are unaware tha PBR now seems to be the beer of choice for the "hipster". i read an article about it recently. it was pretty funny actually. talked about how hipsters started drinking PBR to be cool, and because of it, it's gotten so popular that the price of PBR cases is skyrocketing.

j_rud

Quotei guess some of you are unaware tha PBR now seems to be the beer of choice for the "hipster". i read an article about it recently. it was pretty funny actually. talked about how hipsters started drinking PBR to be cool, and because of it, it's gotten so popular that the price of PBR cases is skyrocketing.
Ahh, you have to love trends. You know you're a smug bastard when even your beverage is meant to be ironic.