Main Menu

Steam Engine

Started by jahabe08, Feb 19, 2010, 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jahabe08

I have been a long time follower and i dont post frequently.. However i feel like i should share this with you guys... So i was listening to Steam Engine today while going through a car wash and it was towards the ending of the song (basically the last verse) I decided to turn it up as loud as i could stand it and the feeling that came over me was better than any drug you could ever do almost as good as sex :) It was like time stopped. I felt like the music controlled everything including myself.  Words really cant describe that feeling. FYI i was sober and heading to work... Anyways hope to meet some of you guys at Merriweather..

jahabe08

I wish i was an english major or writer then you would fully comprehend the feeling that came over me :)

FiddleCastro

I know exactly what you mean....

I hope I get to experience it live...

See you at Merriweather.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

TEO

Their music has given me more than one epiphany...great story!  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI have been a long time follower and i dont post frequently.. However i feel like i should share this with you guys... So i was listening to Steam Engine today while going through a car wash and it was towards the ending of the song (basically the last verse) I decided to turn it up as loud as i could stand it and the feeling that came over me was better than any drug you could ever do almost as good as sex :) It was like time stopped. I felt like the music controlled everything including myself.  Words really cant describe that feeling. FYI i was sober and heading to work... Anyways hope to meet some of you guys at Merriweather..

Right on.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Jon T.

QuoteI have been a long time follower and i dont post frequently.. However i feel like i should share this with you guys... So i was listening to Steam Engine today while going through a car wash and it was towards the ending of the song (basically the last verse) I decided to turn it up as loud as i could stand it and the feeling that came over me was better than any drug you could ever do almost as good as sex :) It was like time stopped. I felt like the music controlled everything including myself.  Words really cant describe that feeling. FYI i was sober and heading to work... Anyways hope to meet some of you guys at Merriweather..

Nice!  

I guess it's all the water and brushes beating on the car and the darkness that surrounds it, but I have always loved to blast my music while I'm in a car wash.  :)

AMightyCaporal

its the seclusion of it... you are trapped and confined to this little space, no where else to go. You have to face the music... and when its a song like steam engine, all feels right in the universe
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

...From On High

No literary degree needed, jahabe.  Very well put.   ;)
Oh, I'll never say I knew you.  But my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

BH

You nailed it on the head!  I love these kind of posts!!!!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Soulshine

We're all on the same page! Thanks for sharing. Great story.  :)
Because we're all in this together...

tdb810

happens to me with several of their songs, most notably Steam Engine, Dondante, and I will Sing You Songs.....  heady stuff.  
During Steam Engine at RCMH was the most intense, with the feeling of loss of control over most bodily functions ;)  
.....Back at the Model Home

ALady

This made me smile.   :)

Love a good Steam Engine!  The feeling is like no other.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

Awesome

Funny you say this because my ex gf's have told me the same thing concerning our sexytime
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

dcdub

I just love car washes... I grew up in the middle of nowhere Ohio and sadly going to the car wash as a kid was a big deal. Nostalgic
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

jahabe08

I have been following these guys after i heard it still moves. Ever since i havent been the same :). I havent seen them live yet, however i will be there at merriweather and i will be coming with 4 others.. Im soo excited  my lil bro is in the service and he is coming from new jersey. We are staying in a hotel friday and saturday night. Might be the best weekend of my life... lol

Jellyfish

Nothing like a good Steam Engine,or Dondante,or Run Thru,or Mahgeetah,ETC. :)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

danz

Steam Engine...Bonnaroo '08...best version ever!

ChronicHunger

I dont think there will ever be another song thats on the same level as this, i get chills through certain parts of many mmj songs but theres only one that delivers the chills everytime and through the whole thing, GOD I LOVE THIS SONG

Bigsky

Steam Engine in particular does this for me...the first time I heard it it gave me chills, and it still does. I remember hearing it at RCMH (my first show) and I was four rows back from center stage...I almost passed out...now I need to go listen to Steam Engine.

I also love this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSHM5FiOChY

Haldon

to all the above, YES.

Last Thursday was a particularly cooler day here in Miami.  I decided that instead of driving home with the windows up and listening to Sports Talk radio, I'd put in my CD titled, "MMJ Dream Setlist CD#2"  I closed my eyes (while stopped at a red light) hit the track change button an unknown amount of times, and just let the CD stop wherever God felt it should.  I immediately smiled as the Okonokos version of Steam Engine began.......

....all I know after that is the windows went down, and the goosebumps arose.....

not sure what it is about this song that gets me everytime.....I think somewhere in the song is the answer to "why are we here?"

the song is electric and super sexy and i love it.

that is all