What is this?

Started by Johnny_Yac, May 18, 2010, 09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

QuoteDoes anyone know what this CD is and why its listed as "by My Morning Jacket"?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SILVER-BEAR-MIST-MY-MORNING-JACKET-CD-New-/390198022348?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Music_CDs&hash=item5ad99d50cc

I got nothing.  It seems to be some release by some band 4 years ago that has nothing to do with MMJ.  I got nothing though but it seems to be shady labeling.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Its a way for this seller to get more people to see his auction and hopefully buy his album by Sunroof. False advertising

Jesus, I just listened to a few clips of "Silver Bear Mist" on iTunes. Talk about most annoying sound in the world. I think I just had an aneurysm.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MMJ_fanatic

This crap happens way too often on e-blay--MMJ should collect royalties everytime someone uses their name as a lure.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Erik26

It also happens on Archive.org as well. People must know how often MMJ is searched and then they just add the band name to their (often shitty) live recordings to get lots of hits.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

Love Dogg

They're probly just classifying it, as if to say "this band sounds like My Morning Jacket."
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

FiddleCastro

QuoteThey're probly just classifying it, as if to say "this band sounds like My Morning Jacket."

But that's like saying "I walked to the moon once"

Impossible!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

SaraBananaBear

QuoteThey're probly just classifying it, as if to say "this band sounds like My Morning Jacket."

Impossible!

;D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Love Dogg

Impossible!

I agree.  No one sounds like My Morning Jacket.  But just to be clear...you know what I'm saying don't you?   ;)
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

johnnYYac

I must say, I was surprised by this bogus posting on eBay.  I search MMJ on eBay about once a day and very rarely see something mislabelled.  Occasionally, someone will include MMJ in the name of a poster for, say Pearl Jam, when MMJ was the opener, but I think that's valid.  This is music, though, and while I never once thought it was actually them, wondered if anyone knew of an MMJ connection.  Apparenly only the one they invented.  Thanks.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Erik26

QuoteI must say, I was surprised by this bogus posting on eBay.  [highlight]I search MMJ on eBay about once a day[/highlight] and very rarely see something mislabelled.  Occasionally, someone will include MMJ in the name of a poster for, say Pearl Jam, when MMJ was the opener, but I think that's valid.  This is music, though, and while I never once thought it was actually them, wondered if anyone knew of an MMJ connection.  Apparenly only the one they invented.  Thanks.

Ahhh :) I'm not the only one. Good to know!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

capt. scotty

Impossible!

I agree.  No one sounds like My Morning Jacket.  But just to be clear...you know what I'm saying don't you?   ;)

Yeah, but the auction title says the album is actually by MMJ
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Impossible!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DPrSEOEo[/media]