Glass Half Full

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Jun 01, 2010, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

So there are no shows for the next month and a half.  All of June and half of July before Jim sets off to help save the mountains with Ben and Daniel.   And I couldn't be happier.  

I dream of the cute little fetuses (feti?) that are being conceived as I type this.  Some will be strong enough to survive thru birth as they are revealed with the 6th litter that will arrive before the earth makes it around the sun again.  These marvelous creatures will quickly grow strong, feeding on the roar of the crowds, running and hunting side by side with their older brothers and sisters.  They will bring us joy like we will have never known.  They will bring tears that will well up from deep within us.   But most importantly they will make us feel something.  Something wonderful.

Swim fast young sperm.   This world needs you.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

;D right on! I picture the next album to be a little more classic rocky, kinda like ism but not quite. Then again, I also thought what became EU was going to be horns galore, and I was way off.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

BH

Quote;D right on! I picture the next album to be a little more classic rocky, kinda like ism but not quite. Then again, I also thought what became EU was going to be horns galore, and I was way off.

Exactly, just when I think I know what to expect....nope!  That's what makes it so exciting.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Wait.  What are we talkin' about here?  I though BH was saying, with a break in live Jacket, now was the time for me to have lots of sex!  ;)

Is it okay if I go with that interpretation?  Oh, and I look forward to the boys using their downtime to work on the new album.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

Procreate away JY.  Procreate away.

johnnYYac

QuoteProcreate away JY.  Procreate away.

Thanks, but three daughters in a row means I've done my part.  I meant no offense, and really dig the metaphor.  

I'm listening to the March 2008 SXSW show Dylan posted yesterday and thinking about the new album as I listen to MMJ play Evil Urges tunes live for an audience for the first time.  I remember the excitement of hearing Friends Again and Carried Away this April.  

I didn't get into MMJ until about a month before EU came out, so I missed the anticipation you all must have felt in 2007 and the first half of 2008.  I'm not one for predictions, but I'm wondering if there's material developed in and around EU and the Monsters of Folk sessions that will find their way into this next album.  Kind of an Evil Urges part 2, perhaps.  Friends Again inspired that thought; it sounds like an EU tune.  

There isn't much they've done that I haven't found brilliant, though occasionally it takes multiple listens.  I look forward to more of the same.  

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

I just wish I had a small red light that came on only when all five of them were in the same room somewhere.

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Bigsky

QuoteProcreate away JY.  Procreate away.

...but three daughters in a row means I've done my part.

I feel you brother...I have two daughters. We will try again...only joking...I love my little ladies.

A new anything from the boys will be warmly embraced. I have yet to hear something that I didn't enjoy come out of their holes ;) As BH put it... they will make us feel something.  Something wonderful

evilPaauwe

We just gotta lay low, and let the fetus rock.
cheers.