My Morning Jacket's Power of Conversion

Started by Bigsky, Jun 02, 2010, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRO91

This is why this band is so great!   It's more than just good music becuause it's music that touches peoples souls from young to old.  Every individual finds something for them in a lyric , song or simply the overall feel of a song.    

This was a great story!

GO4IT

QuoteI never thought I'd feel young in this forum at 55 but now that I know there are 70 and 80 year-old fans, or "works in progress", well I guess I could delude myself into believing I'm at least in the middle of the pack.
Rather than trying to enlighten my parents (they are very liberal but the music thing is not going to happen) my challenge is converting my kids and their friends.  I'm making some progress with my son who saw Jim in London with Carl in St. James Church (5/22/08) on the excursion where they also did the Black Cab Session, and joined me, his mom and friends in the pit at Merriweather.  Next stop is Pittsburgh where he is living now!

Wow...do you adopt 33 year olds?  ;D Those are some wonderful experiences...and I think MMJ is great family time.

Well, if you don't come with a lot of baggage, can mow my lawn once a week, and can take me to MMJ gigs when I'm 90 we may have a deal.  ;)
I can at least buy you a beer at the Pittsburgh show.