MMJ on Shel Silverstein Tribute Album

Started by manicfanatic, Mar 31, 2010, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Quotehttp://consequenceofsound.net/2010/03/31/shel-silverstein-tribute-album-includes-my-morning-jacket-andrew-bird-half-of-the-pixies/

Well that's just about the coolest fucking thing i've seen all year.  MMJ really never cease to amaze me....and you see the rest of this lineup  :o wow.

jones

Well, how cool is this?  This takes me back to the days of being read The Giving Tree, Where The Sidewalk Ends, and A Light In The Attic when I was a wee biddy sprout.

jones

Wait, Billy Bob Thornton's band is called The Boxmasters?  I wonder if he realizes that that name could be taken out of context.

bowl of soup

"Let's double back for a second here — this tribute album has inspired what is basically a new Pixies recording. Can we just reflect on this fact?"

I'll be reflecting all day.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

BH

Finally!  I've been waiting forever for this.  Awesome that Bobby Bare Jr. is doing "Daddy What If" with his daughter just like he did it with his dad when he was five.

Silverstein penned other songs for Bare including a Grammy-nominated hit, "Daddy What If," which he recorded with his five year old son, Bobby Bare, Jr. The song was an immediate success as well not only reaching #2 on the country charts but nearly reaching the Top 40 on the Pop charts.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Bigsky

When is this being released? and can I hear any of it online? I'm so excited! :D

jones

QuoteWhen is this being released? and can I hear any of it online? I'm so excited! :D

The article says that it "will hit shelves" June 8.

ALady

The previews are sweet.  Twangy ol' Jacket and some excellent pedal steel by the Bramble.  Very cool, thanks for posting, manic!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bowl of soup

I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

AMightyCaporal

hell yea, really digging the tune!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

BH

Nice country classic!  I think that may be BBJ singing back up?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Bigsky

Very nice...I wonder if they'll bust it out on tour...

aMillionDreams

I've been excited about this one for a while now I'm busting!  MMJ also plays backup on Bobby Bare Sr's track. It's awesome that they're al over this thing.  And yes, the 26 Second Song is just that, but it'll be cool.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

wakebord

wow - great song.

so they are on this tribute, when does the muppet album come out?!

weeniebeenie

Listening right now.
I can't wait for this, it sounds so good.
How loud can silence get?

johnnYYac

MMJ is like the Donnie and Marie show- a little bit country (such as with these excellent S.S. tracks) and a little bit rock and roll (well, maybe more than a "little bit").  Is that reference a little too dated for the forum?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteMMJ is like the Donnie and Marie show- a little bit country (such as with these excellent S.S. tracks) and a little bit rock and roll (well, maybe more than a "little bit").  Is that reference a little too dated for the forum?

i think you're okay with that reference!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

ynwa

QuoteMMJ is like the Donnie and Marie show- a little bit country (such as with these excellent S.S. tracks) and a little bit rock and roll (well, maybe more than a "little bit").  Is that reference a little too dated for the forum?

not at all sir
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss