the Jacket to play on new John Prine tribute album

Started by Love_Dog, Apr 07, 2010, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

johnnYYac

Wow.  That was fantastic.  I've been lovin' Turnable Twistable Man, now this.  I've got it on preorder, so it should be here in about two weeks.  

Amazing double-barrell vocals.  At first, I thought it was actually Prine, like when they dueted on Letterman, but it was all Jim.  Nice slide work, too, Snowy!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

aMillionDreams

QuoteFull Stream!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127595658

thanks for the heads up......each song is better than the next

This could only be true if MMJ were the last track!  ;)

Great version! Can't wait to get this comp.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

hide

I guess it would also be wise to check out who John Prine is(?)

johnnYYac

QuoteI guess it would also be wise to check out who John Prine is(?)

Yeah.  A friend of mine played some Prine for me this weekend.  Every track was a gem.  There is so much good music out there, waiting to be discovered.

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

i only wish it was a double album or something...it's not enough  :(
listened 4 times today already...

i got to see him play w/Old Crow and Kris Kristofferson on Sat. i haven't been into his music for that long, so i'm trying to make up for lost time..

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Quotei only wish it was a double album or something...it's not enough  :(
listened 4 times today already...

i got to see him play w/Old Crow and Kris Kristofferson on Sat. i haven't been into his music for that long, so[highlight] i'm trying to make up for lost time..[/highlight]

Yup.  I actually downloaded his Anthology shortly after the first Desert Island Draft though I'm not quite remembering who drafted him early.  Love his music now and can't believe I hadn't given him a better listen much earlier.  

EDIT:  Charps took it as the 2nd overall pick :o

hide

Was just about to ask where to start... sounds like it doesn't matter. haha

Ruckus

QuoteWas just about to ask where to start... sounds like it doesn't matter. haha

As it states on the NPR stream page, his S/T debut is considered a classic so I'd say that might work. :)

Love Dogg

QuoteWas just about to ask where to start... sounds like it doesn't matter. haha

As it states on the NPR stream page, his S/T debut is considered a classic so I'd say that might work. :)

Yep!  It's on my "desert island" list.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

CC

johnnYYac

Looks like Prine was recording under the name Tony Orlando, too!

BH

All The Best is just such a great cover.  This whole album may have just moved into first place on my favorite compilations list.  Prine's songwriting and lyrics are amazing.  This tribute does it's job in making me want to explore more of the John Prine catalog.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Bigsky

QuoteAll The Best is just such a great cover.  This whole album may have just moved into first place on my favorite compilations list.  Prine's songwriting and lyrics are amazing.  This tribute does it's job in making me want to explore more of the John Prine catalog.

I agree BH...this cover is blazin'. If I didn't know any better, I would think it's a MMJ original. I will be checking out the rest of the album shortly...