My Morning Jacket and Preservation Hall Jazz Band

Started by columba78, Jul 09, 2010, 06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

columba78

Hallo guys,

I am new to the forum and was wondering if there will be a live CD of the fabulous My Morning Jacket and Preservation Hall Jazz Band live concert ?

If there is no new record coming out at least a live CD would make the waiting for a new album much easier, donĀ“t you think :)

Also guys please come to Germany for a few concerts

Love Dogg

Welcome, columba!  Although there has been no known talk about a MMJ/PHJB official release...I like where your thought process is!   :)
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

columba78

Since the show is airing soon on TV any chance that it will be released as a live CD or DVD as well ?
I have seen so many great clips on youtube from that show that I would love to have this on CD.

Please..........................together with the T5 release it would be a dream come true for us fans living far, far away

johnnYYac

Welcome, Columba78.  With 53 posts, you're not as "new" as you think.  ;)

There is a film about the collaboration with PHJB and YY and the tour with MMJ premiering at SXSW in two days on March 17th.  Hopefully a DVD will follow.

Also, looks like MMJ will be part of the Latitude Festival, along the east coast of England from July 14-17.  More European dates are likely, but that's the first I've heard.

You said something about "the show airing soon on TV".  What is this in reference to?

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

columba78

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 15, 2011, 11:34 AM
The first post of this thread was my very first post on this forum :)

You said something about "the show airing soon on TV".  What is this in reference to?
I thought SXSW is a TV Station sorry for the misconfusion  :embarassed:

johnnYYac

Quote from: columba78 on Mar 15, 2011, 12:02 PM
The first post of this thread was my very first post on this forum :)

I thought SXSW is a TV Station sorry for the misconfusion  :embarassed:

I should have looked at the date of your first post.  My bad.  ::)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Erik26

Hilarious...Almost like Columba predicted this 8 months ago! I am super pumped for this and really freakin hoping for a DVD release ASAP!!! Things I want this year from MMJ

-4-6 hour show at Bonnaroo
-New Album
-PHJB/MMJ DVD
-T5 Boxset

Am I too demanding?
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

TSarge

Quote from: Erik26 on Mar 15, 2011, 01:29 PM
Hilarious...Almost like Columba predicted this 8 months ago! I am super pumped for this and really freakin hoping for a DVD release ASAP!!! Things I want this year from MMJ

-4-6 hour show at Bonnaroo
-New Album
-PHJB/MMJ DVD
-T5 Boxset

Am I too demanding?

No, you forgot Storytellers raw footage release!!

Bigsky

There is a film about the collaboration with PHJB and YY and the tour with MMJ premiering at SXSW in two days on March 17th.  Hopefully a DVD will follow.

Also, looks like MMJ will be part of the Latitude Festival, along the east coast of England from July 14-17.  More European dates are likely, but that's the first I've heard.

Did anyone see the film??? I would think it will be on NPR or DVD...eventually.

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Sassbox

All About Jazz just released a review of the DVD, so I suspect it'll be released soon (yay!). I sent a note to PH asking as well.

ALady saw the premiere at SXSW.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

BH

Quote from: Sassbox on May 18, 2011, 10:20 AM
All About Jazz just released a review of the DVD, so I suspect it'll be released soon (yay!). I sent a note to PH asking as well.

ALady saw the premiere at SXSW.

thats great news sassbox!   The interview with Danny made it sound like they were not that close at all to a DVD.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

subinai

here is an article about the DVD on NatGeo and a video clip:

http://intelligenttravel.nationalgeographic.com/2011/05/03/preservation-hall-my-new-orleans-fairytale/

edit: the video can only be viewed from the article

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

subinai

midwesterner

I was at the ACL taping and can't wait to see the show since the audio was terrible in the studio that night.