Jim James AOL sessions

Started by Johnny_Yac, Oct 11, 2010, 09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

I rediscovered these vids whilst looking to figure out if I can capture tommorow night's webcast of Live on Letterman.  

It includes Jim James solo acoustic with two songs I've had in heavy rotation lately- Steam Engine and Just One Thing.  Excellent solo Jim covering My Morning Jacket, if you know what I mean.  

The third clip is an interview; it includes Jim explaining the origin of the band's name, the inspriation that was The Muppet Show, and the need for endless reverb.  This is pre-Carl and Bo, by the way.  Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VHEOYQJI  

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

rmpotsy

QuoteI rediscovered these vids whilst looking to figure out if I can capture tommorow night's webcast of Live on Letterman.

so did you figure out how to record the stream?

does anyone know how to do this?
out go the lights it begins

johnnYYac

QuoteI rediscovered these vids whilst looking to figure out if I can capture tommorow night's webcast of Live on Letterman.

Not yet.  I think the software I used to successfully record the Mile High Fest stream was a free trial that expired.  The website must recognize my IP address, as it won't let me download another free trial or limits me to only 2 minutes recording with a watermark across the image.  Worst case scenario is watching the archived video from cbs.com, but I like having a copy in my MMJ Video file.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

rmpotsy

Not yet.  I think the software I used to successfully record the Mile High Fest stream was a free trial that expired.  The website must recognize my IP address, as it won't let me download another free trial or limits me to only 2 minutes recording with a watermark across the image.  Worst case scenario is watching the archived video from cbs.com, but I like having a copy in my MMJ Video file.  

i may be able to find a "real" recording program from a friend.  if i can get ahold of one sometime after work, i will shoot you a pm with a link to dl it.  it would probably be 6:30ish.
out go the lights it begins