My Morning Jacket...Does Xmas Fiasco Style.....

Started by Im_The_Dude, Dec 06, 2010, 11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im The Dude

We just popped this cd in for the first time this season lastnight while we decorated our tree. Love this cd. I think the version of 'Xmas Curtain' is different and a little longer. Anyways, anyone else jam out to this cd this holiday season?

:)

The hidden track is pretty sweet too.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

classicrocker623

Just picked it up a few weeks ago, so good.

Hawkeye

Been rockin' it for a few weeks now...the only real "Christmas" albums I have are this one and Sufjan Stevens' 5 CD box set he put out a few years back
We could.

iLikeBeer

QuoteWe just popped this cd in for the first time this season lastnight while we decorated our tree. Love this cd. I think the version of 'Xmas Curtain' is different and a little longer. Anyways, anyone else jam out to this cd this holiday season?

That's arguably my favorite xmas album!   :)

Don't know if you have this recording or not:

My Morning Jacket Live at WFPK 91.9 FM on 2001-12-25

Killer version of O Holy Night!  After Jim takes his shoes of of course!   ;D

My wife starts listening to x-mas music in like October!   :D

So, to keep myself sane, I've collected quite a bit of 'indie' type artists performing christmas classics.  Frank has some pretty good xmas albums as well.  And I've got some pretty good jazz xmas tunes as well (Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas is one of my faves  8-) ) .

woodnymph

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Dec 10, 2010, 12:08 PM
QuoteWe just popped this cd in for the first time this season lastnight while we decorated our tree. Love this cd. I think the version of 'Xmas Curtain' is different and a little longer. Anyways, anyone else jam out to this cd this holiday season?

My wife starts listening to x-mas music in like October!   :D

So, to keep myself sane, I've collected quite a bit of 'indie' type artists performing christmas classics.  Frank has some pretty good xmas albums as well.  And I've got some pretty good jazz xmas tunes as well (Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas is one of my faves  8-) ) .

I knew people on here would have that live Xmas Fiasco recording! I love the shoes interlude hahahh and the killer interviews.. I do wish they tossed in a live Just Wanted to Say, but it's a solid listen no matter! I made an mp3 mix with Just Wanted to Say at the end anywho  8)

And that Vince Guaraldi Trio / Peanuts album has become a staple for me each xmas! I wish it was like a 3-disc set  :P

"Aw Santa, you look so strong.........."  :P
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

I was alternately playing Xmas Fiasco Style and the live recording to my students all day.  We were like the only school in the area that had classes today, and a lot of students didn't come, so I treated the rest to nonstop MMJ Christmas music. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capt. scotty

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 23, 2010, 11:46 PM
I was alternately playing Xmas Fiasco Style and the live recording to my students all day.  We were like the only school in the area that had classes today, and a lot of students didn't come, so I treated the rest to nonstop MMJ Christmas music.

good chance you wouldve been my favorite teacher.

the coolest music thing I can remember a teacher doing in HS was play covers 1 class on an acoustic guitar with math-lingo changed in for some of the lyrics. It was more hilarious than cool  ;D

...and actually, one teacher listened to pretty good music but he never played any in class. we actually traded some albums and shows now that I think about it. he did tell some pretty good phish roadtrip stories though
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Dec 10, 2010, 12:08 PM

Havent heard this. Must. Download. After. Work.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ralph

Groovin' to fiasco style now as it's already Christmas in the future!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

woodnymph

Quote from: ralph on Dec 24, 2010, 05:49 PM

Naaaaaa naaaaaaa mm naa naa

Naaaaaa naaaaaaaaa mm naa naa
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

darkglow

Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 24, 2010, 06:32 PM
Quote from: ralph on Dec 24, 2010, 05:49 PM

Naaaaaa naaaaaaa mm naa naa

Naaaaaa naaaaaaaaa mm naa naa

still unreal that we saw that song LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!