My Morning Jacket's cover of Freebird?

Started by user_FKA_webmoster, Dec 17, 2010, 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

user_FKA_webmoster

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of MMJ's Freebird that they did for the movie Elizabethtown as the band Ruckus?

I was reading about it online after first seeing about it at the bottom of this page: http://www.gerpotze.com/mymorningjacket/singles.html

johnnYYac

I looked into it and it seems to be unavailable.  Same in Any Language is available as a download on amazon.  I snagged it, as I don't think I have it and I don't want the whole soundtrack.  It on Elizabethtown Vol. 2.  Maybe someone could rip an mp3 from the DVD.  I'll give it a try and keep you posted.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

user_FKA_webmoster

QuoteI looked into it and it seems to be unavailable.  Same in Any Language is available as a download on amazon.  I snagged it, as I don't think I have it and I don't want the whole soundtrack.  It on Elizabethtown Vol. 2.  Maybe someone could rip an mp3 from the DVD.  I'll give it a try and keep you posted.

I downloaded Same In Any Language today too, and I love it.

I was reading online that 1, the recorded the song for the film, and that 2, in the film their band fails at performing the song and it falls apart part way through. So what I'm thinking is that they may have recorded the song completely for the album, and that within the film, they use part of that recording, and then film into the band failing at the song.

Could have that wrong as I haven't seen the film. But I hope there is some way to get this recording.

danz

The band preforms as 'Ruckus' and if my memory serves me correct, the song does fall apart midway through due to a fire in the venue.  The movie is crap though, so don't bother watching it but that's just my opinion  Also, myself and some other diehard fans have made futile attempts at hunting down that version of 'freebird,' so I've ruled it inexistent.  I purchased the entire soundtrack - it's not hidden on there, though there's a cool version of 'I will be there when you die' on the bonus disk for some reason.

jimsflyingv

Hi,

since the Film version is not available is there any other MMJ version of Freebird available somewhere ?

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: danz on Dec 19, 2010, 03:15 AM
though there's a cool version of 'I will be there when you die' on the bonus disk for some reason.

I thought I recall hearing Cameron Crowe talk about 'I will be there when you die' being an inspiration for the movie
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

bluesky

That was so great! I am not a romcom person but, I'm guessing like most of you, saw this film to see the boys.
Not sure what is funnier ~ orlando bloom (his name first of all) or the dubbing (is this polish, russian or czech...don't think it's czech) or the bird catching on fire or Patrick rocking out on keyboards. Jim even looks good with a pony tale, ha!

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jackets N Pones

I wish you could purchase the Ruckus poster from the movie. I haven't watched Elizabethtown in a while, but I think the poster is the same layout as The Beatles "Let it Be" poster with MMJ and Mark Brandanowitz from Parks and Rec. It would definitely be a nice addition to the collection. Could not find a photo of it online anywhere.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire