Jillian's Show

Started by otter, Apr 16, 2003, 02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

Anyone know the setup of Jillian's Pavilion? This is going to be outside...is just the stage under a pavilion or more?

jacksoncooper

I've never actually heard the Robert Randolph Family Band, but I've heard a lot about him/them.  He's a pedal steel guitar player in the tradition of the House of God church "Sacred Steel" players.  I don't know enough to talk authoritatively on the subject, but it looks like if nothing else, he will be an interesting addition to the line-up.  Here's the website: http://www.robertrandolph.net/

And I'll definitely be at the Outlook before the show.  I don't know how parking will be for this thing, but I suspect that it will be a mess.  I plan on parking down at my buddy's record shop on Baxter and walking everywhere from there.

I know what John Conaway looks like, and I've got a vague recollection of what jezebel and danilove look like, so I figure with John's distinctive t-shirt we'll be a tough group to miss.  It should be a great time, and I'll see you all there.

Jackson

jezebel

I WILL BE IN LOUISVILLE IN 48 HOURS!!! i can't WAIT!!! :D

dude, that's NONSENSE about that VIP tent...whhhaaaattt? and did i see that Maxim Blender is sponsoring that and/or Dylan? ugh, that makes me want to vomit into a Solo cup, add a sprig of mint, and sip it slowly. suuuuure, keep screwing us commoners who already had to make financial sacrifice for $30--oops! $41, thank you, ticketbastard--tickets.

but you know....we're going to have a hella good time anyway!!! you'll be able to spot me by the big, stupid grin on my face, or the fact that i will be dropping down and kissing the sweet kentucky ground about every 30 seconds or so...

marktwain, thebigbang...are you all going to make yourselves known at the show?

you know, jacksoncooper, we could identify each other by wearing our junior jerseys...HA HA HA

forgive me...the intoxicating delirium of sosooniwillbehome! has finally broken me down... ;D ;D ;D

thebigbang

The forecast is about 80 degrees and clear skies for the Jillians show. If that holds true it should be great outdoor concert weather. In the past, this venue has just been a temporary stage set up in their parking lot, no pavillion as such.

Parking WILL be a problem, since they are using their lot for the crowd.  I suppose if you wear good walking shoes, you could stagger a long way Baxter to Broadway to Jillians from the Outlook Inn. I'm going to scope out sites tomorrow on my lunch break so I'll have an idea where to park.

And the $75 tickets are ridiculous, but I bought them as a surprise gift for my wife who did not know the boys were opening for Dylan.  This is more than twice as much as I've ever spent on a concert ticket in my life, but she needs a seat, and it sounded like it was standing only for the $30 tickets.

Besides, with beer at $3 or $4 a pop and food at $$$, it can quickly add up to a bunch of money, so I thought she'd forgive me for splurging on this. And she did.

Finally, just what is John's "distictive" shirt?

QuoteI WILL BE IN LOUISVILLE IN 48 HOURS!!! i can't WAIT!!! :D

dude, that's NONSENSE about that VIP tent...whhhaaaattt? and did i see that Maxim Blender is sponsoring that and/or Dylan? ugh, that makes me want to vomit into a Solo cup, add a sprig of mint, and sip it slowly. suuuuure, keep screwing us commoners who already had to make financial sacrifice for $30--oops! $41, thank you, ticketbastard--tickets.

but you know....we're going to have a hella good time anyway!!! you'll be able to spot me by the big, stupid grin on my face, or the fact that i will be dropping down and kissing the sweet kentucky ground about every 30 seconds or so...

marktwain, thebigbang...are you all going to make yourselves known at the show?

you know, jacksoncooper, we could identify each other by wearing our junior jerseys...HA HA HA

forgive me...the intoxicating delirium of sosooniwillbehome! has finally broken me down... ;D ;D ;D
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteFinally, just what is John's "distictive" shirt?

let's just say it positively identifies me...especially by last name....!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

danilove

Well...in about 24 hours I'll be hoppin' in my trusty Sentra to head home!!!!! YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! I'm so psyched it's retarded!  ;D

See y'all at the Outlook!

BTW- Keep your eyes peeled and you'll be able to recognize me by my perpetual chuck taylors.  ;)

biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

Hey y'all-
I have invited a few of my closest drunken associates to join us at the Outlook TONITE!!  

That's right..tonite is the night!!    :o :o :o

Jackson knows me, so I'm sure we'll find each other pretty quick...for everyone else, my T-shirt is just about ready, and believe me, it positively identifies me...you'll see what I mean!  8)

I think I'm gonna take a camera for some shots of the show, the crowd, and you very special folks who drove so far to come to Louisville.  Riny, can we post mug shots of fans??  Especially after we've all had a few rounds?  hee hee

Okay, see y'all at the Outlook at 6 bells!

CC

Quoteauthor=johnconaway
can we post mug shots of fans??  Especially after we've all had a few rounds?  hee hee

if it's okay with the mugs it's okay with me!

GREG/BLUE

HEY JOHN AND COMPANY....I WILL SEE YALL AT THE OUTLOOK.

thebigbang

In case anyone who is going gets a chance to read this . . .

The VIP section is not, I repeat, not, closer to the stage. It is way off to the side and back, so you "commoners" who are slumming it will be able to get closer to the stage.

I checked out the parking situation on my lunch break and it's not too good. Parking is being offered at Distillery Commons, Louisville Stoneware and Eagle Paper Company. We will attempt to grab a metered spot on Broadway.

I also measured and the Outlook Inn is 0.6 miles to Jillians if you decide to hoof it in from there, which not much closer than any parking you might find.

And in the past 48 hours I have seen the forecast go from "clear skies" to "rain" to "partly cloudy and no rain" and now six hours before the show the official weather service forecast is chance of thunderstorms. Can't nobody predict Ohio Valley Weather!

Hmmm. Maybe the VIP tent will be good for something, like keeping dry if it rains.

Enjoy the show every one.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

thanks for the info!  see ya at the bar, blue!

Jillian's says no chairs or umbrellas, but you can bring blankets and/or tarps to sit on/keep dry if it rains...