Bowery Ballroom 5/1/2003

Started by erika_herzog, May 02, 2003, 12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erika_herzog

incredible show tonight at the bowery ballroom, nyc....

the encore (solo jim james) was unbelievably beautiful -- then the songs with the rest of the band:  WOW

thanks for such an amazing show!

erika

peter

i couldn't agree more. last night's show completely blew my mind and i'm still reeling from the experience.

i only recently started listening to MMJ so i'm wondering if some of the songs played last night were brand new and not yet released, or just songs i'm not yet familiar with? setlist anyone?

was also wondering if anyone taped last night's show.

is a new album coming soon?

B

This was my second time seeing My Morning Jacket and it was even better then the first.  They know how to rock so fuckin hard.  It seemed to me there was about 4 or 5 new songs that I haven't heard before.  Evelyn, Lowdown, O is the one that is real, Way that he Sings, Phone Went West, The Bear, i'll try to post a complete set list, my memory is not too good right now.  Anyways, it was another amazing show and I can't to see them again in June at Bonaroo!!

-jon

JP

ive seen them about 5x and this was the worst show ive seen them play...still fantastic but something was missing. the crowd was a bit annoying as well.

they played about 1/3 new material and while some of the new quieter tracks sound great, some of the rockers dont have the same passion as 'heartbreakin' man'...hopefully, once i get familiar with the new cd, itll sound better.

maybe im getting used to their show too much...best show ive ever seen them play was 3/02 at northsix in brooklyn...rainy night...no one went but 50 people...we were blown away.

Jam Master JJ

well everyone is entitled to their opinion... i would definately NOT call this show boring... they played at least 18 or 19 songs... (the longest show i have ever seen them do)... and mixed in old faves with a handful of new songs... and they completely rocked... and the disco ball was pretty cool during Steam Engine... i have the setlist written down somewhere at home... i'll post it when i get the time...

CC

come and see some bowery shots in the gallery