The Shelter......Detroit 5-10-03

Started by otter, May 12, 2003, 01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

Dance Floors..Lowdown..One Big Holiday..I will Sing You Songs..Evelyn..One Big Thing?...The Way He Sings..(Heartbreakin'Man)..Magheeta..Steam Engine.

There were probably only 150-200 people there, but the guys played as if there were 5,000. The set sounded great..my friend Scott got an excellent sounding recording of the show. Earlier in the day we decided to double check that we weren't going to have any trouble with getting the eqipment..we wer fortunate in our timing and got to see them sound check LaGrange, Cecile???(new one), and Melissa.

There was a dance party going on in the club upstairs that was a small distraction, luckily could only hear it in between songs..Jim made a couple of jokes about it..they took it better than I would have.

That was my first time hearing Dance Floors and One Big Thing (if that is what its called)..
Magheeta, I Will Sing You Songs, One Big Holiday, and Steam Engine all sound like they've been playing them for a long time..really nice. Not that the other two don't, but that was my first time hearing them. Can't wait to get my copy after Scoot transfers from DAT.

james hendricks

hey otter...was at the shelter show...absolutely amazing! Wish they could have played longer...Damn shelter! Anyway..would really like to here that recording if possible. Let me know when you get and if it is possible to upload to a ftp site. I live in ann arbor. Would really like to see the boys play at the blind pig! anyway..keep on keepin on.
jamie

otter

E-mail me with your address and I will get you a quick copy or if you can wait a little while I'm sure we can get it to an FTP site.

thelastbastard

John Conaway has an pretty extensive collection of recorded materials he's collected thoroughout, so you should get ahold of him about getting it up on HIS FTP site..Anyway, I met your friend Scott, who agreed we would exchange info about trding shows, though after the show I was RUSHED out the door by security (fuck that) and never got the chance to get that info..

I would still love to hear the show....

I talked to a guy last night about getting the Columbus show as well that they played last night (6/11)...SO..

Hit me back fellas...

Besides that, the show was TOO short for my wait..and when I saw them in Columbus, they played nearly the same set, short a couple of bonuses...

SHouldve been there
Gene Offcourse
The Last Bastards
MMJ RULES SON
Gangs and Government are no different..it makes me one percent..

otter

My bad guys. I'll try to get John the show within a week or two...I already need a new copy, mine scratched so Scott is getting me another in the next few days. As soon as I get it I'll burn it and send it down to John...I've got his address.

I need to send the pics to C.C. as well.