Main Menu

etown show!

Started by johnconaway, May 07, 2003, 07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Hey Y'all...

any Louisville boarders going to this show?  man, how time flies...I can't believe it's on Friday!

Let me know.  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

Unfortunately, I can't make it, John.  I'm going out of town.  I assume they won't be playing a full set since there are so many acts, but I've never heard the show, so I don't know.  
I heard something about them doing another radio show this weekend, though, that was going to be recorded @ the WFPK performance studio.  Do you know anything about that?

No, didn't hear anything about that...

Nice icon-I love that movie!

jacksoncooper

I know they're broadcasting a live Jim James solo performance today instead of Live Lunch, at least that's what they said this morning.  From FPK's website:

"No Live Lunch...listen for a special broadcast of Morning Becomes Eclectic, hosted by Nic Harcourt from KCRW in L.A. His special guests will be My Morning Jacket live in the studio! (Nextel sponsors the simulcast from Louisville to L.A.)"

Report:  etown show at the Palace goes well.  sound probs easily ignored by enthusiastic crowd.  (myself included...we're seeing My Morning Jacket for chrissakes)

Short set, but like the appetizer that comes before the main course, it will tithe me over until Wednesday.  Yes!

P.S.  Beer is your friend at night, but your enemy in the morning.   :P

bad bad leroy brown

Good set...

The 2 new songs sounded good....

What happens Wed?

bad bad leroy brown

I just remembered that some meatheads in front of us got into a fight in the middle of Jim's interview...

Did anyone here stay after Joan Osborne came back out?  Did Jim Play anymore?

thebigbang

This show is scheduled for broadcast the week of June 25-July 1 on a public radio station across the USA.

I saw the live recording and there was a terrible delay effect that muddled the sound for all four bands. Hopefully the radio people got a clean cut at the music before they screwed it up and pumped it back out to the audience.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway