DC Show 11/19

Started by heathbar, Sep 20, 2003, 12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heathbar

How AMAZING was that show.  For not going on until 11:50, they rocked the 9:30 club.  At the start of the show, I told Jim that they did a great job on Conan. His response, "I was so f***ed up." Gotta love it.  I'm sure they made fans out of many disbelievers last night...

igor

it was indeed amazing. i stood in the back so i can see the band in all it's glory, and i was just smiling the entire time. after almost being put to sleep by lake trout, mmj definitely woke me up. this was my first mmj show, and
definitely not gonna be my last.

patrick is one of the best drummers i've seen lately. at one point there was a guy air drumming behind him, it was hilarious, just goes to show that the boys are out there having fun. my memory is really bad, and i can't remember which song it was. the band's energy on stage tells you how much they love to be playing their songs, the crowd was feeding off of them. as much as i hate to say this, i would love to see them in a stadium while the entire place is just pumping their fist in the air to the music. best rock & roll band right now.

highlights for me were (even though the entire set was really the best i've seen so far this year from any band):

the way that he sings
steam engine
i will be there when you die (solo)
phone went west

to sum it all up, i was blown away.  ;D

oh, and i picked up a pirate shirt, and a copy of tennessee fire.

plank10

This show was amazing. Best i've seen them. Pats new drum set sounds fantastic. Did anyone record it?

igor

there were some mics set up in the back. i'm not sure if they were there for mmj or lake trout though. i was too busy paying attention to mmj to really notice if someone is taping. i'll ask around and will let you know if i get ahold of a copy.

tinyorangepig

anyone have a setlist?

joz

The DC show on the 19th was my fourth, and certainly the best, MMJ show yet.  I talked to Jim as he was setting up and requested 'I Will Be There When You Die'...What a sweetheart?!!?  He actually did it!  Usually, he'll do an acoustic version of 'Bermuda Highway' so I like to think that he changed the setlist to accomodate the fans...God, how I love this band!  I would love to see a setlist too...Anyone lucky enough to snatch one?

otter

Alright!! that's the first person other than me that has mentioned these guys in the same sentence as the Grateful Dead. they don't sound anything like them really (although I do know the exceptions) but there are more similarities than most people would guess..but then again most people don't a lick about what the Dead are really about.
Kudos to that guy.

Glad you guys had a good show in DC

cheddah frank

Have you ever seen the dead?  I have to disagree.  Lets here some of your exceptions  GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

You may include a few john Deere or rototilling reference points if you wish!!!

otter

Yes, Hot dog Man I have seen the Grateful Dead...Numerous times..and The Other Ones after that ...and the Dead after that...

Have you ever posted on this website where you weren't putting someone down, or is it truly in your nature.

Have you seen the new Johnny Depp movie...what was the word he used in that so much that Jim pointed out at the Detroit show...I think he was talking to you.

cheddah_frank

Have you ever posted on this website where you weren't putting someone down, or is it truly in your nature.

You know exactly what this stems from, or ye of bad memory.  Rememebr when you threanted me in May?  I do not take that stuff lightly.  

Now back to the post in the modern times, I still have yet to hear your similarties?

CC

I don't remember you bein threatened frank... at least not on this board. you mean 'do you want to pick where we meet?'I'm pretty sure it meant 'do you want to pick the pizza place where we meet and eat pizza?'

so let's move on... have a pizza... thanks mate :)

grateful dead huh? mmm, interesting

peanut butter puddin surprise

Thanks Riny...you da man as usual
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

my_evening_jacket

and I am more than ready for a slice of MMJ pizza!!

Tim
shake some action

cheddah_frank

Favoritism is a virtue huh?????????????