Main Menu

Seattle show

Started by JP, Oct 09, 2003, 11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP

Another great show by the boys in Seattle headlining the Showbox. They opened with "Mahgeetah" and then into "Dancefloors", for a second I thought maybe they'd play the new album straight thru! The rest of the set was pretty similar to others right now. I got a little loose with the drinks, so I don't have the exact setlist.

But, for the encore when Jim comes out and plays acoustic was really great. I'd love to see him do a solo set. In my semi obnoxious drunkeness, I was able to yell out for "By My Car" in which he then went right into. What a cool cat.

It was a great crowd, also. Respectfully quiet during his solo stuff, but I had to shush a couple talkers behind me.

I did see 2 or 3 mic stands, so we know it was taped. The security guy at the door actually made a point of telling us taping was allowed. How cool. If anyone gets a copy, please offer it up!!!

Thanks-
JP

PapaJoeBear

I'd have to agree. Great show. I was the guy up front with his fist in the air all night....I haven't rocked out like that in years. Amazing show.  My memory is quite hazy, but I remember  the set closing Run Thru, which was sick.  One Big Holiday was in there, Steam Engine, Xmas Curtain, Hearbreakin' Man; like JP said, pretty standard setlist for this tour, it seems.  Highlights for me were Run Thru, War Begun, the acoustic stuff Jim did ( Hopefully, By My Car, and Golden), and Steam Engine. But the whole show was sick. Hopin' to see it up here or around the net soon.
Anyway, enjoy the weekend folks.
Peace
JoeBear