Should I go to both Austin shows?

Started by vadermaul, Oct 16, 2003, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadermaul

I'm defintaly going tomorrow night and was wondering if it was worth to go tonight also?  Has anyone seen MMJ back to back nights?  Do the setlist vary heavily?  Thanks.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Silly rabbit, of course you should!

I have seen back to back recently, and the setlist was a bit different on the second night.  I sure as hell was rawked out by 1 a.m. on the second night, but hung on 'till the end.

It's pretty bad when the band, who does this every night (almost), outlives the crowd.  I dunno how they do it!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

vadermaul

So they end at 1am?  Im coming up from San Antonio, so I have an hour drive and have to work tomorrow.  But I really want to see MMJ live and hear the Bear (which I hope they play one of the nights).

tinyorangepig

i wanna hear "the bear" also.  i shall be requesting it in the big d.

t.o.p.

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteSo they end at 1am?  Im coming up from San Antonio, so I have an hour drive and have to work tomorrow.  But I really want to see MMJ live and hear the Bear (which I hope they play one of the nights).

It depends upon the venue, and what time they start.  MMJ started playing around 10:30ish, and finished around 1:30 a.m., but of course that was for the hometown crowd, it might be shorter for y'all, don't know.

They do play a long set, wherever they go.  Never fear!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

BeatTheDiese

i wanna hear x-mas curtain in dallas.
- Adam

yax

Don't forget about Jim's solo instore at Waterloo Records Friday at 5pm.

vadermaul

Well I didn't make Austin last night, but I have a group of 6 going tonight and I getting really pumped.  This will be the first time seeing MMJ headlining (saw last yr open for Doves) and all I've read is they really get things rocking.  Hope to hear all the new stuff along with The Bear and Xmas Curtain.