New years Eve?

Started by dave, Nov 03, 2003, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave

anybody know if MMJ will be playing a New Years Show anywhere?

dwight

Let's hope it's in Louisville.... or at least one hometown show around the holidays. I know the boys will be back in town!!
 :o

peanut butter puddin surprise

That would be awesome.

However...

After 111 shows this year (and counting), maybe our X-mas/New Year's present to our favorite band is...an entire year off?  8)  How about six months?  :)  Okay, maybe just a few weeks.  (like 10 in a row or so).

If I had the power, I'd let the boys have the entire winter off.  Get rested, visit with family, enjoy the holidays, relax, sleep...c'mon, you know they have to be a bit on the weary side after all those dates.  I swear they've been on tour forever...

Just a thought.  Would it be awesome to see 'em again this year?  Absolutely.  Would it be even more awesome to have our heroes nice and rested?  

You decide.  I'm leaning to yes.

Feel the love.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

downdownyoubringmedown

Not bloody likely! I can't see MMJ taking 6 months off right now. They're album isn't radio friendly, they're going to get recognition through word of mouth on their gigs...and it's working. Here in Toronto they played the Horseshoe, and then Lee's Palace. The next logical step is The Opera House. Slowly but surely getting slightly bigger crowds each time they roll through town.

I realize what you're saying is the ideal situation John, but I think what would be more likely is they take Dec & Jan off, and roll out the tour again in Feb-May. Then take 6 months off to re-charge. I don't think they're done touring "It Still Moves" just yet. We'll see. Oh yeah, and Dec off doesn't mean they can't stop into WFPK for another session!  :D

Very good points.  I'm just trying to look out for their well being...I guess that makes me a den mother or something like that...

Now THAT would be funny to see under my name on this board...MMJ Denmother.

Dear God.  :o

oh_flipper

they haven't looked very frail or bedazzled (note smashing pumpkins reference i've been waiting to use for years) here in the netherlands. the whole new year's (rebirth/renewal) theme works well with mmj, especially with their trademark 'celebration-y' encore, but you don't really need a new year's show to drive that point home. The real advantage is that new year's is a holiday and would provide a day of rest to recover from the concert (highly recommended if you're like me and you take generous amounts of alcohol with your mmj concerts).
just reading the message board and talking about it makes me itch to see them again, so i'll have to see if things work out with school/work/trains so I can see their 3rd show in Holland on the 18th.

otter

I'll travel for a New Year's show...but I'll also wait patiently for spring if they need to take some time.

It seems to me the energy that those guys expend, that too much time in one place would bug them out. They would self combust.

Quotefrail or bedazzled

NICE ONE!  I love that song...