London Review

Started by greggy, Jul 03, 2004, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wordawg

Really surprised that no-one has been on to mention the spaceship thing after the second encore.
Haven't heard anybody report this 'effect' on any of the other shows.
Spooky.
the future is Ginger

wordawg

Or that the sound upstairs was nasty, until the spacecraft thingy
the future is Ginger

sweatboard

QuoteReally surprised that no-one has been on to mention the spaceship thing after the second encore.
Haven't heard anybody report this 'effect' on any of the other shows.
Spooky.
I'll have what your having.

"Second Encore" Do tell.
There's Still Time.........

SMc55

This might sound silly, but you don't suppose it was computer generated, do you? I mean it looked real enough, but I couldn't see any strings or anything.

wordawg

I didn't see any strings, and I was fairly sober.  Don't know how they did it, but it made up for the sound. Wonder if Riny got any pics?
the future is Ginger

SMc55

He might post them soon. I think he said he was going home today or tomorrow. It was good to meet him - good to put a face to the name. I bet he knows how they did it. I'm sure now I come to think of it that there were no strings. It moved about in too many directions. It was a clever effect, whatever it was. You couldn't just see it from where we were. The people downstairs were definately looking up at it. It's a mystery I guess (as Jim might say) :)

wordawg

Looking back, it must be a new thing.
I've looked at the reports from recent gigs and haven't seen anyone mention it.
Maybe its just for Europe?
Maybe it was just for London?

Reminded me of something Pink Floyd did at the City Hall about 30 years ago when they were using quad sound with their outstanding light show.
the future is Ginger

Dawg

Man, I don't remember the spaceship thing at all, I was on the floor, although I was pretty lit.  What's the skinny?

SMc55

No idea how they did it. Starting to wonder if it could have been a hologram. I know they tape TV shows there. Maybe they have the technology  :-/ We were on the balcony. Were you bouncing? (In the UK we call it moshing - don't know if it's the same in the US). One of the best parts of the whole night was seeing all these people jumping up and down to One Big Holiday - especially when Jim got down from the stage and bounced along.

CC

I think the spaceship thing made his debut in london and yes, I do know how they did it but I'm afraid I can't tell... we don't want bands rippin it off ;)

I'll have some pics soon but not sure if it's visible.
you know, the dark.

Sal Paradise

Damn! Had to cancel the trip and seems like I missed a stellar show!!!!!!!!
The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

wordawg

If Riny managed to get pics, people are gonna be soooooooo upset they didn't see it.
Quite an experience, and I've had one or two.
the future is Ginger

CC

MMJ_fanatic

Quotepictures are up!

O mighty webmaster,
Any idea why the thumbnails don't want to open on my 'puter?  I click on a pic and the window stays on the thumnail screen.... :(
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

wordawg

Excellent pics Riny. Like the one of Patrick via the mic stand and the one from upstairs (you get about a bit don't you?)
What happened to the bloody spaceship? ???
the future is Ginger

wordawg

O mighty webmaster,
Any idea why the thumbnails don't want to open on my 'puter?  I click on a pic and the window stays on the thumnail screen.... :(

Worked for me M
the future is Ginger

CC

O mighty webmaster,

I don't know. should work.
do you maybe have a popup-killer installed?

CC

QuoteExcellent pics Riny. Like the one of Patrick via the mic stand and the one from upstairs (you get about a bit don't you?)
What happened to the bloody spaceship? ???

look again.
1st pic, 2nd row.
not that clear but it's really there!

SMc55

look again.
1st pic, 2nd row.
not that clear but it's really there!

He's right, you know. Well I'll be...