MMJ are touring for Kerry!

Started by Xmas_Curtain, Aug 04, 2004, 09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xmas_Curtain

That's right!  MMJ are playing the following dates for the Move On Vote For Change tour!

Friday, Oct. 1  State College    
Saturday, Oct. 2  Dayton    
Sunday, Oct. 3  Detroit    
Tuesday, Oct. 5  Madison    
Wednesday, Oct. 6  Ames  

The best bit is...they're playing with Dave Matthews Band (who are my all-time favourite band and this is because I am from South Africa where they are unknown and not loved by every frat-boy with a beer bong).

And just when I thought I couldn't love MMJ anymore...
Oh don't carve me out
Don't let your silly dreams
Fall inbetween
The crack of the bed and the wall

peanut butter puddin surprise

Riny, any confirmation on these dates?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

antoniostrohs

Saw Dave Matthews on the Today Show this morning.He was on with the Dixie Chicks talking about this tour and getting people to vote and oust Pres.Bush.He didn't mention MMJ,but it makes since because they're on his label.They did mention Bruce SpringsteenJackson Browne and others to play a few dates with them.Sounds pretty cool.

Le Patrick

QuoteRiny, any confirmation on these dates?

www.dmband.com, also on the same bill will be ben harper and jurassic 5

MMJ_fanatic

I see DMB dates but no mention of MMJ being on the bill anywhere--where the info obtained on the original post?  does it come from ATO?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

goldengator76

Rolling Stone

Artists to Rock Swing States

Springsteen, DMB, R.E.M., Dixie Chicks join tour

Twenty acts including Bruce Springsteen, the Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam, the Dixie Chicks and R.E.M. will take part in the Vote for Change tour, which kicks off October 1st with different artists playing cities located in key electoral states for the November presidential election.

Artists in six different lineups will play select shows in a series of dates that will ultimately put them in front of audiences in nine of the "battleground states" -- Ohio, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Pennsylvania, North Carolina Minnesota and Wisconsin -- where undecided voters could tip the election for Democratic nominee John Kerry or President George W. Bush.

Among the touring combos are Bruce Springsteen, who will be backed by the E Street Band and sharing a stage with R.E.M. and Bright Eyes. The Dave Matthews Band will headline an even bigger bill, with Ben Harper, the Jurassic 5 and My Morning Jacket in tow. Pearl Jam will be traveling with fellow Pacific Northwesterners Death Cab for Cutie. Other touring combos include the Dixie Chicks with James Taylor; Bonnie Raitt with Jackson Browne, India.Arie, Keb' Mo', Tony Bennett and Sheryl Crow; and John Mellencamp with Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds.

The shows will be presented by MoveOn, with proceeds going to American Coming Together. ACT is an organization hoping to increase voter participation in the electoral process.

Pearl Jam tour dates:

10/1: Reading, OH
10/2: Toledo, OH
10/3: Grand Rapids, MI
10/5: St. Louis, MO
10/6: Asheville, NC
10/7: Kissimmee, FL

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band/R.E.M. tour dates:

10/1: Philadelphia, PA
10/2: Cleveland, OH
10/3: Ann Arbor, MI
10/5: St. Paul, MN
10/8: Orlando, FL

Dave Matthews Band/Jurassic 5 tour dates:

10/1: State College, PA
10/2: Dayton, OH
10/3: Detroit, MI
10/5: Madison, WI
10/6: Ames, IA
10/8: Gainesville, FL

Jackson Browne/Bonnie Raitt tour dates:

10/1: Williamsport, PA
10/2: TBA
10/3: Grand Rapids, MI
10/5: Kansas City, MO
10/6: Des Moines, IA
10/8: Jacksonville, FL

Dixie Chicks/James Taylor tour dates:

10/1: Pittsburgh, PA
10/2: Cleveland, OH
10/3: Detroit, MI
10/5: Iowa City, IA
10/6: St. Louis, MO
10/8: Tampa Bay, FL

John Mellencamp/Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds tour dates:

10/1: Wilkes-Barre, PA
10/2: Cincinnati, OH
10/3: Flint, MI
10/5: Milwaukee, WI
10/8: Miami, FL

ANDREW DANSBY
(Posted Aug 04, 2004)

MMJ_fanatic

oh well--all exposure is good exposure! :D  rock on & get out the vote!

Amy

I'm so excited about MMJ playing on the Vote for Change tour!

You can sign up for pre-sale tickets http://www.moveonpac.org/vfc/

See ya'll in Dayton -
Amy

that is awesome.  i will be goin' to Dayton!

Magnix

Will My Morning Jacket play Gainesville, FL, and will Bright Eyes play Orlando, FL on October 8th?
If so, how does this match with the -same- opening date of the new Bright Eyes, w/ Jim James & M. Ward tour?

However, this looks pretty great!

havibulin

Bright eyes is touring under the same "vote to change" moniker with springsteen, and ends up in florida on the 8th, so I am sure the solo shows that day will still work out.

http://www.moveonpac.org/vfc/

DUBYA

sweatboard

If Pearl Jam and MMJ had been paired with each other I would have had to go to each show they played even if it cost me my job, my house, my marriage, and my left testicle, and it probably would have, and I would have still died the happiest man with one testicle.
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

Thank you Amy for the presale link!!
Looks like I'll probably miss MMJ on this tour, but hopefuly catch PJ in Ashville.  I'll keep my marriage, job, and house, so it should work out great.  I'm considering MMJ in Gainsville, now that I think about it.  That would mean pj on the 6th and mmj on the 8th. hmmmmmm.  It would be the ultimate road trip of ALL TIME!!

siserilla

MMJ won't be in Gainesville. I'm a member of the Dave Matthews Band fan club, and I got an email this morning annoucning the tour, and it said that MMJ won't be at that date. It sucks. I'd love to see them.

sis
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MMJ_fanatic

looks like a Pennsylvania run may be in the works...

CC

QuoteRiny, any confirmation on these dates?

Ofcourse ;)
all info about the Vote For Change tour can now be found on the news and show pages.

ice8888

i am so pumped for these shows.  definitely going to hit dayton, and probably will pull of detroit as well.  now to make sure taping is allowed...  :)
ice

sweatboard

Quotei am so pumped for these shows.  definitely going to hit dayton, and probably will pull of detroit as well.  now to make sure taping is allowed...  :)
ice

If you are able to tape these shows and share them with us you will make me a very happy camper, I won't be able to make it to any of them.

Like all of the other shows, I think this depends upon the venue...we may want to find out.

Also, due to the nature of the other acts, perhaps "special" permission may be required.  Just speculating on this, I don't know for sure...but it's probably important to get approval FIRST before there's some sort of boundry crossing.  Wouldn't want to piss in the Wheaties of anyone here...

Yes, the guys approve of taping (except at venues who do not), but maybe this series of shows will require "special handling".

And as always, if taping is approved there's more room on the FTP server for this amazing set of shows.