"z" on critic charts

Started by widman, Apr 25, 2006, 06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widman

hello. first of all, i'm a brand new member here on this forum.
my name is michael and im from croatia (i hope that most of you know where it is).
I have only discovered MMJ after the release of "z", which brings me to my subject. how did the "z" went by the critics in US? 'cause here, in croatia, it's declared as the best album of 2005. (#1!!!!) by some of our best known and respectable critics beating everyone's favorite - arcade fire's funeral!
god, i hope that someday MMJ will come to croatia!
greetings to everyone, im more than very glad to be here on this forum among other MMJ fans...
p.s.
sorry for any spelling errors, english is not my mother language.

SFTH

Z got good reviews in the US, as well.

A lot of magazines and music critics had Z in their top-10 lists.

Be sure to check MMJ's older albums, too.

widman

i did that right away, don't worry :)...it still moves is my personal favorite...

ChiefOKONO

WELCOME to the forum. one of my buddies is actually from Zagreb.  Good to see that they are getting exposure out there too.
i heard the stones are gonna play out there some time soon actually!

widman

well, i live couple of miles from zagreb. here, croatian "domestic" music (which is damn awfull btw) is much more popular than non-croatian, but anyone who is into rock and has even a little taste in music loves MMJ. as i said, after "z" was #1 on many of our 2005. album charts people got curious and so it started, MMJ got our critics to thank.
yeah, stones are gonna be here soon, but there are, IMO ,better bands coming; calexico, pearl jam, iron & wine.

BH

Welcome!  I forget sometimes how the internet makes the world smaller.  Not to get too deep, but listening to your story makes me realize how similar we all really are.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

That's so cool that Z is top of the charts way out there.

Or are WE the one's way out HERE.

???
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

widman

we're all next to one another in a way, music brings us together, that's the beauty of it since, like, always....to me you are all out THERE, but put Z on and we're in the same certain sphere which only we share (jesus, i got mystical on that one :-))...
you're guys all from US, and the whole group mostly?...

yea, almost forgot, thank you everyone for welcoming me!