Bonnaroo 2005

Started by 40223, Jan 17, 2005, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeatTheDiese

i think i'll be going up there this year!!! how much are tickets?
- Adam

ice8888

Quotei think i'll be going up there this year!!! how much are tickets?

usually between $140-$200 after fees and depending on when you buy them.  usually there is a glut of tickets two weeks before the festival if you know where to look and you can get them for under face.  note i said usually... who knows what will happen with dmb and panic playing.

LaurieBlue

Quotei think i'll be going up there this year!!! how much are tickets?
2005 BONNAROO MUSIC FESTIVAL INITIAL ARTIST ANNOUNCEMENT

Superfly Productions and A.C. Entertainment are proud to announce the initial lineup for the 2005 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival. The fourth annual three-day camping and music festival will be held on June 10-12, 2005, on the same 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee, 60 miles south of Nashville. A list of confirmed acts follows, with more to be announced before the ticket on sale, and in the weeks ahead to round out the festival's 60-plus acts.

Tickets for the 2005 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival will go on sale Saturday, January 29th at 10:00 AM Eastern Time through Bonnaroo.com. For more information go to Bonnaroo.com.

2005 BONNAROO CONFIRMED ARTISTS (many more to be announced):

Widespread Panic (2 shows)
Dave Matthews Band
The Allman Brothers Band
Jack Johnson
Alison Krauss & Union Station
Modest Mouse
Gov't Mule
Bela Fleck Acoustic Trio
The Mars Volta
John Prine
Yonder Mountain String Band
My Morning Jacket
Keller Williams
STS9
Earl Scruggs & Friends
Joss Stone
O.A.R.
Toots and the Maytals
Umphrey's McGee
 Iron & Wine
Ozomatli
Rilo Kiley
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Drive-By Truckers
Particle
Joanna Newsom
Xavier Rudd
Ray LaMontagne
The Gourds
Secret Machines
Donna The Buffalo
John Butler Trio
Ollabelle
Citizen Cope
Brazilian Girls
M. Ward
Madeleine Peyroux

There will be a special ticket pre-sale for members of the Krewe of Roo - The Official Bonnaroo Community - on Thursday, January 27th at 10:00 AM Eastern Time. For more information about the Krewe, go to: kreweofroo.com

Specific performance days and times for each artist will be announced in the coming months.

Complete festival information is available at Bonnaroo.com which will be continually updated.

Questions?: info@bonnaroo.com  

BIGVICLBI

how does the stage area work? am i gonna have to watch mmj play from a mile away or will they be on a smaller stage that i can stake out?

CC

Quotehow does the stage area work? am i gonna have to watch mmj play from a mile away or will they be on a smaller stage that i can stake out?

there are about 6 or 7 stages. don't know yet what stage they'll be on but you can usually get pretty close.

see
http://www.bonnaroo.com/2004/map04/2004_map_inset.htm
last 2 times they played the which stage and some tent.

peanut butter puddin surprise

wonder if a four month old baby can do camping?  any suggestions out there?  :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dogandponyshow

You should get in touch with a dead head.  I have been to many show where there are litterly new borns out there in the camping fracas and even in the shoes.  Can't tell you that they will give you any great info but who....maybe worth a try.

D.

EC

Quotewonder if a four month old baby can do camping?  any suggestions out there?

John, my parents used to take me camping all the time when I was a baby.  They had an old VW van, and made a little hammock that I slept in.  Apparently there was a little auto accident, though...  Something about ice, and slippy roads, and getting knocked into a tree.  I was sleeping in the hammock.  This is not the positive "yeah go for it!" post I meant to write...

You could totally do it.  Just be really careful about the nutters...  Maybe your little babe could sleep in the MMJ van?

haHAHA!

SmoothOprtr

I totally respect the comment about DMB fans.  As he was coming up, I, and everyone else in the world used to go see him all the time.  The last time I saw him though, at Soldiers Field, the place was PACKED with high school kids who, not being sacastic in the least, were puking on every side of me.  I felt like I was in that scene from Stand By Me with the blue berry pies.  I would never see them again by themselves.  
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

medea_33

I'll brave the lack of showers, rain, 80 mph winds, whatever, man...anything to see MMJ again.
and on heaven's golden shore we'll lay our heads

tomEisenbraun

I think I'm gonna have to go to this. Hearing how amazing last year's set was, I almost NEED to go. Plus, Mars Volta, Modest Mouse, Iron & Wine, and the Secret Machines are playing. Hopefully Medeski, Martin and Wood will hop on, too. I can brave miles of stoners, ridiculous heat, and bad toilets for three days for this.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

Yeah, it's almost like it's too ridiculous to even comprehend.  

Very exciting!!

otter

I'm buying my ticket bright and early saturday am to get the best priced tickets before they increase.

They just added a late show with Trey Anastasio, Mike Gordon's new project, Mouse on Mars, Old Crow Medicine Show, and bay area band Tea Leaf Green.

This is like a whole summer tours worth of good stuff in three days. What a bargain.

Side note there are motels if you book them early enough and have the cash. For you sanitary freaks.

LaurieBlue

ARTIST ADDITIONS - ROUND 1!

We are proud to announce the following additions to the Bonnaroo 2005 lineup:

Trey Anastasio - Special Late Night Show
Benevento / Russo Duo feat. Mike Gordon
Mouse On Mars
Old Crow Medicine Show
Tea Leaf Green

Major announcements to the lineup will be made in the coming weeks.

Tickets for the 2005 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival will go on sale Saturday, January 29th at 10:00 AM Eastern Time through Bonnaroo.com. For more information go to Bonnaroo.com.

There will be a special ticket pre-sale for members of the Krewe of Roo, The Official Bonnaroo Community, on Thursday, January 27th at 10:00am Eastern Time. For more information about the Krewe, go to: kreweofroo.com.

Complete festival information is available at Bonnaroo.com, which will be continually updated.

TRAVEL PACKAGES

We are dedicated to providing you a variety of the best travel options to attend Bonnaroo. All packages below will be available at the time of ticket on-sale. Please check the website for more details.

VIP Bonnaroo Express Air + Hotel Program, and 24-hour Shuttle:

For those of you who would like a little more comfort with your Bonnaroo experience, the Bonnaroo Express offers round trip airfare, hotel, VIP ticket upgrade, and 24-hour shuttle service to and from the festival site.

VIP Bonnaroo Express Air, Camping and Airport Shuttle

This package offers roundtrip airport transfer to/from the festival site camping only section, very close to the main entrance and Centeroo. The VIP ticket upgrade offers complimentary food, discounted drinks, viewing decks, a Bonnaroo Merchandise package and more!

Bonnaroo Air Express & Airport Shuttle

Packages will provide round trip air to Nashville, TN and Airport transfers to and from the festival site.

Bonnaroo Air Express

Our travel partner will have some of the best fares providing round trip air to Nashville, TN.

Airport Transfer Only

The Bonnaroo Airport Shuttle departs Nashville International Airport directly for the Bonnaroo Festival on Thursday and Friday and returns Monday throughout the day at the conclusion of Bonnaroo.

EC

QuoteThe Bonnaroo Airport Shuttle departs Nashville International Airport directly for the Bonnaroo Festival on Thursday and Friday and returns Monday throughout the day at the conclusion of Bonnaroo.

Something about the idea of that bus ride totally freaks me out.  

BIGVICLBI

i might want to go and since my buddies are diehead phishheads i think i can get a road trip together from up here in nj. a few questions. first, when do you think the rest of the tour will be announced and do you think there will be a decent amount of shows near me? if there are i might settle for those. second, whats the crowd like? i am past the point of running around drunk and high for three days sleeping in my truck. is dave matthews gonna bring scores of frat kids from sec schools readying their tailgate skills or will it be more laidback?

CC

hi big vic,
last year the crowd was pretty laidback, all there to enjoy the music and have a good time. people from all ages really. sure there will be people drunk and high and sleeping in trucks but but for the most part it's a real friendly and laidback atmosphere. it's kinda divided in 2 parts, 1. a big huge stage where dmb will be playing for sure and 2. a handful of not so huge stages where in my opinion it's a lot cooler to wander around and see lotsa cool bands. I've been to quite a few festivals but bonnaroo is winning hands down, vibe-wise, any-wise.

CC

2 new additions for bonnaroo:

The Black Crowes
Jurassic 5

sweatboard

Oh MY GOD!!!!! The Black Crows!!!!!!!!! I didn't think it could get any better, please don't let them be playing the same time as MMJ.
There's Still Time.........

EC

MotherFUCKER.  Jurassic 5?

DAMN IT.  I tried to see them in Edinburgh, and the damn thing was sold out.

Oh why, oh why, oh why does everyone have a stinkin' career and can't go?  Stupid growing up and everyone having stupid responsibilities.

DAMN ME.